Defensive Edged Weapons Nov 14,15 2009 - Florida
We're back in Lake Mary, Florida for the Defensive Edged Weapons Training
When: November 14th and 15th
Where: Hotel - Colonial Town park, Lake Mary - Florida, FL - Hampton Inn Hotels
Cost: $200.00 -- $50.00 deposit to reserve your slot for this one
Payment via CC or Paypal through SwampRat, who will post links shortly for making the deposit online. We're capping this one at 20 students!!
Training blades will be supplied or you can bring your own. This is the full blown defensive edged weapons class I held for S+W's Training Division for several years. If you carry a clipped folder on your pocket, this class is for you. Learn how to utilize that folder to defend yourself should you be in a non permissive environment that doesn't allow you carrying a firearm for some reason.
We'll be covering this curriculum that weekend.
Manual Dexterity Drills with blade
1. Knife carry positions
2. Accessing blade from carry positions
3. Saber grip to reverse—low line
4. Saber grip to reverse---low line to reverse high line
5. Changing hands—saber to saber
6. Changing hands---saber to reverse
7. “Brownie Pop”
8. Neck sheath moves with trainer
Angles of attack
Show 12 angles of attack [ the clock]
Unarmed skills against the knife
1. high line stab-----defensive block to armbar-both sides-wrists together move
2. low line-chest deflection—
3. defensive move to push , create distance, draw gun [ for cops and armed civilians]
4. pass through deflection technique leading to behind attacker and neck hold [break]
1. slash defensive move---both sides—to trap and disarm
1. hammer defensive move—circle the blow with same side move—to grab and wrist lock
2. Arm wrap to lock and take-down
Threatened with knife
1. Knife to neck from front
2. Knife to neck from behind
Armed against the knife
1. Saber grip defense for slash, stab, overhand—cutting wrist techniques—straight blocking and cutting.
2. Saber grip defense for slash, stab, overhand—cutting wrist techniques and circling the wrist with blade
3. Coming to point—saber grip straight line between eyes
4. Reverse grip defense for slash, stab, overhand---
5. Reverse grip defense for slash, stab, overhand where go from the belt line covering slashes to attack and stab chest or throat
6. Cats claw—defense for three lines of attack
7. Show fainting side stab—block counter move with off hand [attacking the blade] and complete stab
8. Show kata where one uses 6+7 and the other blocks from belt line
9. Show 6+7 faints to slashes across abdomen
10. Pass by deflection for stabs/slash attacker going behind opponent
11. High line side stab to face—circle under defenders wrist and cut
12. Reverse Grip Eye Pick—off hand defends attack and eye pick them
Looking forward to seeing some of the people who attended the "Unarmed Self Defense and Edged Weapon Class" a few weeks ago and meeting new members who couldn't make it last time around.
Edged weapons training in Lake Mary/ Nov 14-15
Just now got on board- any slots open for 11/14-15 ?
Edge weapons/ pistol training
Copy that. I'm interested in both formats....Central Fla would be awsome