Front Sight-Anything new?

This is a discussion on Front Sight-Anything new? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just finished reading the thread about Front Sight and was wondering if there is anything new? I have a coupon that I bought for ...

Thread: Front Sight-Anything new?

I just finished reading the thread about Front Sight and was wondering if there is anything new? I have a coupon that I bought for a 2 day defensive handgun course that I plan to take in September or October and just wonder if things have changed with the supposed lawsuits that I have been reading about. If anyone here knows anything new, I would appreciate reading about it.

Thanks, Steve

I have been watching the local Pahrump news as well as other forums and have not heard any more negative info. I have been to the 4 day handgun and the 4 day rifle class and I am going back in October probably to repeat the 4 day handgun class so I hope there are no more issues. I will say their instruction is top notch and can recommend the training.

BTW, if there is any way you can do the 4 day instead of the 2 day, I would highly recommend it. The first 2 days are a lot of instruction which is good but the second 2 days are a lot more fun (more shooting/less classroom, competitive shooting, etc.).
    NRA Life Member

They're busier and financially healthier than ever. I agree that the 4-day class is well worth it, that's where you receive CCW training. The days are extremely intense, and by the end of the 4th day, everyone agrees that they are a much better and safer shot than they used to be. If you weren't thinking in color codes before Monday night, you sure are by then.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

I would love to do the 4 day class but money is tight and I got this class for $100 bucks. I couldn't pass it up. I am taking my CCW/CPL class here in Michigan tomorrow. I know that you can't get enough training and I will get as much as I can afford, but for now these two classes are all that I can do, for now...

Steve

Steve, you'll have a great time! That's a really good deal.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

I didn't realize they had 2 day certificates. You must be splitting a 4 day with someone. No big secret but you can typically get the 4 day certificates on Ebay for $100, sometimes even less. The catch is that you can only use that once. That is how they suck you into a lifetime membership. When you buy the lifetime membership, you get 4 certificates which is why they are available for sale pretty cheap.
    NRA Life Member

I didn't know about the E Bay deal as I don't frequent E Bay but the class that I bought was directly from Front Sight. It was an offer that came on one of their e mails to me. It was advertised as a 2 day Defensive class. I have never been there so I can't say about the class contents. I just figured that a 2 day class was better than nothing.

By the way, I took and passed my CCW class today! Now all I have to do is wait for the county to do their thing. (after I go give them some money on Monday)...

Steve

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Congrats on passing the CCW class.

Let us know how you like your Frontsite experience.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Congrats on you passing your CCW class! Now is when the hard part begins. The wait that never seems to end. Hopefully your permit will arrive before you get too anxious! lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Hey Steve-- many congratulations on the CCW class! Personally, I'm jealous that you get to head to the Front Sight academy in the first place!! I've seen their infomercial/competition on tv before and that place looks sweet. Would love to hear a review after the training...

Enjoy it fellow sheepdog, stay safe out there.

And by the way, welcome to the forum!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by glockstock View Post
    Hey Steve-- many congratulations on the CCW class! Personally, I'm jealous that you get to head to the Front Sight academy in the first place!! I've seen their infomercial/competition on tv before and that place looks sweet. Would love to hear a review after the training...

Enjoy it fellow sheepdog, stay safe out there.

And by the way, welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for the nice thoughts. I will be glad to review the class if they are still in business by the time that I get to take it.

Steve

Yes, congratulations. Let me know when you are going. My wife and I are planning for the October 2 class (although the 4-day class). And by all means, let us know how you liked it.
    NRA Life Member

I will see what the weather is like when I get back to Arizona. (I am in AZ about 8 months a year) I want to wait until it cools down some so I don't wilt out in the sun

Steve

Links