a sub-forum for grads of Mas Ayoob's LFI I class

This is a discussion on a sub-forum for grads of Mas Ayoob's LFI I class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I took the ball and threw it to Bumper. He swung at the pitch and decided he doesn't want a separate sub-forum for Mas' ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a sub-forum for grads of Mas Ayoob's LFI I class

OK, I took the ball and threw it to Bumper.

He swung at the pitch and decided he doesn't want a separate sub-forum for Mas' grads, which I fully understand.

While Mas has lots and lots of grads, not all are members here. Also, Bumper is reliant on sponsorship, and that may be in conflict with some sponsors. Besides, I think that while it would be nice to talk sometimes with just LFI Grads, we can do that through PM.

Mr. Threefeathers, if I stuck my gunboats where they didn't belong I apologize. BTW: I just want to add, that Bumper was very considerate and most gracious in his response and I would hope that everyone could understand his decision and be as gracious.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; August 11th, 2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: More Info

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    No offence to ANYONE. Not all of us can afford to go to expensive
    defence schools. Maybe we might be percieved as being a little
    Elitist?
    Probably the best approach here is to realize that some can afford it and some can't, just like anything else. However, the knowledge to be gained from even lurking in a site like this would benefit anybody. I was fortunate I could afford to go and I would certainly be on the site.

Why don't you guys start a Yahoo group for discussion. that way you can keep it private.

Gail

What's a Yahoo Group and how does it work?

I'm an old man in a much younger body. I didn't get my first computer until about seven years ago, and that was only because I couldn't afford to pay someone to type my papers anymore, as I was broke.

Biker

Biker...Go to Yahoo!, on the main page,click on "GROUPS", if you have a yahoo account (it's free) then sign in, otherwise establish your yahoo login and password and sign in, then click on "Start Your Group" and follow the instructions...I'm not sure how to make it "private to LFI grads" but at least you can check out the possibilities. I think it has to have a "group moderator or overseer" which would approve membership in the group in order to make posts and crossfeed information. You would have to establish your own way of proving accessability to the group by having attended LFI. Otherwise it's pretty easy..Believe me, if I can do it, it's a piece of cake!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Thank you First Sgt.

I'm working with Mas via Email to find a way to verify who has been through LFI. If we do it through NH it will make extra work for them in NH. We need to see if they are acceptable to that.

I will post again when I get an update, but please be patient.

Biker

How do you all know who has taken the class and who has not. Do you have a secret hand shake or something. ...LOL

From a webmaster point of view that would get tricky. How would you know who to give access too and who not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    How do you all know who has taken the class and who has not. Do you have a secret hand shake or something. ...LOL

From a webmaster point of view that would get tricky. How would you know who to give access too and who not to.
    See my post above your's.

They have a list of all the students that have attended over the past thirty or so years. The problem is, are they willing to go to the extra work of verifying past graduates?

Mas has probably trained more people under his name than any other Instructor teaching today, but if not, he's ceratinly one of the leaders.

Biker

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    We are not against anyone and certainly welcome all leqrning about training. Mas presents a wealth of information in Combat Handguns and American Handgunner every month that are often LFI related.
    That said those who graduated from the class have a bonding of information that all share and grow from. Graduates can stay on task and focus on the training lessons.
    Mas wants us to share with others, and I certainly do, but I also enjoy chatter with those who went through the same thing.
    One of the reasons I want an LFI in S/AZ is that folks there will share much information once they have experienced the common training.
    Ther are a couple of other gun forums that a simple question will result in pages of baloney being spread as gospel. This is not one and that is why so many of LFI grads are here.
    I suggest the EOTAC forum also.

I thought about a seperate forum after a ridiculous attack on Mas in one of these other forums.

New Member Array Concealed Carry's Avatar

Yahoo Group for LFI grads

Sounds like a great idea. My wife and I took LFI 1 in Harrisburg, PA in June of 2007.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links