Ladies (gents too): What are some of your safety strategies
I've been spending quite a bit of time here on the forum since joining and have learned a lot. So, today at work, I got the idea to have a thread where we share our modes of operation for safety and situational awareness. I searched the forum and didn't find anything in a central place. I hope I'm not repeating something that's already here but I'm still trying to learn my way around.
So, what are some of the things that you do for safety. I'll begin.
1. I have a detached garage and I leave it open and walk to my door with my hand on the panic button of the car remote. Once I have my firearm and start carrying, I figure my car could be used as cover if need be. I always back in.
2. I've started leaving the back seat of my SUV folded down so I can see into the cargo area when I get into my car to make sure no one is hiding. A carjacker was recently caught with this MO.
3. I go to the house door empty handed and let the dogs out in the yard while getting groceries or unloading other items. My German Shepherd does not like anyone and my Cocker Spaniel sure makes a lot of noise.
4. I programmed my car remote to only unlock the driver side door with the first click and I manually unlock my door only when exiting my vehicle, as I'm usually alone 95% of the time.
5. I can't control who parks after I do, but I never park between or next to another large truck or SUV.
6. I use my debit card at the grocery store and get cash back instead of going to the ATM machine.