Frontsite

This is a discussion on Frontsite within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anybody ever take any of the classes that Front Site offers? they are in AZ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontsite

Frontsite

anybody ever take any of the classes that Front Site offers? they are in AZ.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Taurus PT1911AR, SA XD .40c
    S&W M&P 9c, Taurus Slim PT709

2. Remove Ads

Are you thinking of Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, located in Nevada?
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Front Sight is in Nevada.

Gunsite is in Arizona.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Front Sight is located in the desert between Las Vegas and Pahrump Nevada.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

dont know why i put AZ. but yes the one in Nevada.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    dont know why i put AZ. but yes the one in Nevada.
    An honest mistake on your part.

Front Sight offers excellent training at a state-of-the-art facility.

Gunsite Training Center near Paulden, Arizona is also quite good.

You can't go wrong at either place.

Check out the course offerings by both facilities and compare prices, then pick the one you get the best feeling about.

I have little doubt you'll be completely satisfied, regardless of which one you select.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Smile

I have been through the 4 day defensive handgun and the 30 state CCW course. The people and the training are both excellent. It is out in the boonies to say the least and with it being in the desert, go prepared for the appropriate weather. I was there in early June and what should have been a scorcher actually turned out quite cool on the first day and decent on the other days. The wind always blew which caused challenges to concealment shooting which is the last couple of days including the test. If I can garner enough money to make the trip from NC I would do it again without hesitation. Just make sure to purchase your own ammunition and take it with you. The FS pro shop is just like any other pro shop, it is set up as a money maker.

Armydad

Do not pay retail thru Front Sight for your first course ... make sure you buy one of the 4 day class certificates for around $200 off of Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by tmizzi View Post
    Do not pay retail thru Front Sight for your first course ... make sure you buy one of the 4 day class certificates for around $200 off of Ebay.
    Better yet, if you and a friend sign up together for the same class, you both save 25%. Which means you would save 500.00 EACH on a four day course.

~ Massad Ayoob

I have been to both the 4 day defensive handgun class and the 4 day practical rifle class and enjoyed them so much I became a lifetime member. You will have to endure a pitch to become a member but it is only for an hour during lunch on one of the days. They have a deal where you can get 2 lifetime memberships for $4900 and a free gun kit (includes an XD, holster, Surefire flashlight, knife, and other gear) probably worth close to a grand.

E-bay usually has certificates for $100 (sometimes even less) but the catch is that you can only do that once. To attend a second class, you either need to pay through the nose for the class or join as a lifetime member. There are a few certificates available for repeat users but even those are $400-$500. The first time certificates are available because the lifetime membership includes 4 of them that you can sell or give to friends. Kind of an interesting marketing approach (worked on me anyway).

The instruction is excellent and I can highly recommend it. Be prepared for pretty intense 10-hour days (12 hours the day that includes a night shoot).

I am planning to repeat the 4 day defensive handgun class with my wife in October.
    NRA Life Member

thanks for all the input guys i would really like to take the 4 day handgun class. i will have to count my pennies for a while but planned on taking it if i heard good things. sounds like its a plan now, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    They have a deal where you can get 2 lifetime memberships for $4900 and a free gun kit (includes an XD, holster, Surefire flashlight, knife, and other gear) probably worth close to a grand.
    If you check their website, I believe you'll find that the price has gone up considerably over what you paid on the "2 lifetime memberships" deal.

For those who're interested in training and becoming a member at Front Sight, do NOT procrastinate. Many of their membership deals don't last long, and their course prices are going nowhere but up.

~ Massad Ayoob

Here's the best training deal currently available:

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

~ Massad Ayoob

I've been to their 4 day handgun class, it was excellent! If you are pinching your pennies it would definitely be better to look into getting a class certificate on Ebay. Like was previously mentioned, they usually sell for around $200. The only problem with them is that you can only use 1 certificate in your lifetime, after that you have to pay retail (or sign up as a life member). But even if you only attend one class, attend that one!

Also, agree about the ammo. Be sure to buy your own and take it with you. If you drive it's easy, but if you fly then you'll run into problems as airlines only allow so much ammo on the plane.

Either way, great choice, and have fun!

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

This is a better deal if you can find two other people to go with you:

Gun Training Report #23 Did You Miss Your First Shot at This?

I did the free gun bit, haven't taken the course, yet. After you figure out what the gun and all the gear are worth, it comes out that you're paying about $500 for the course, which isn't bad.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links