Second Day at NVTactical

Second Day at NVTactical

This is a discussion on Second Day at NVTactical within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some may have read my previous thread last week about my good experiences at NVTactical. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ctical-va.html I returned for a full day of their Defensive ...

Second Day at NVTactical

Some may have read my previous thread last week about my good experiences at NVTactical.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ctical-va.html

I returned for a full day of their Defensive Handgun series this past Friday(9/04). As it turns out, apparently not too many people take a friday before a holiday off work to go to a defensive course so I ended up being the SOLE STUDENT.

My instructor was a gentleman by the name of Chip Hammond. Great guy and good instruction. We started off with about an hour and a half in the classroom and the rest was range time. I basically ended up with a full 8.5hr day of private instruction for the normal full class price. We ran the gamut of everything from what seem to be IDPA style practice learning to move between cover and concealment properly while shooting on the move to dealing with folks that have already managed to get into your personal space(ie in your face). Chip made everything quite easy to pick up based on his teaching method of starting at the basics, observing my responses and gauging further training based on those responses.

Since I was the only student we were able to spend a lot more time refining my mechanics and tactics. It was a great day. I would highly recommend them again.

The only downside? Time to restock on ammo. I burned through roughly 400-450 rnds. The class plan called for 300, but since it was just me and we were able to spend more time on things which of course called for more ammo.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Congrats on the "training". I'm envious....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Wow, personalized training for the price of a group class.

Kudos to the trainer for completing the training.

Great write up(s). I've gotten instruction with Chip before at an IDPA Skills seminar. He is also our club's IDPA Match Director.

He is great to work with and I plan to take the Defensive Pistol class there too before my Utah CCW arrives.

I'm with you. You can always benefit from training and having an experienced person critique you. It makes you better.

Links