Tactical Responce?????? - Page 2

Tactical Responce??????

This is a discussion on Tactical Responce?????? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've taken Fighting Pistol twice as well as Advanced Fighting Pistol, and "The Fight" (my reviews of the classes can be found in this section). ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical Responce??????

I've taken Fighting Pistol twice as well as Advanced Fighting Pistol, and "The Fight" (my reviews of the classes can be found in this section). Learned a lot and had a blast, I highly recommend them.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I can't help on evaluating Tactical Response, but I will affirm your choice to not try to teach your wife yourself. Not that you're not qualified, but MOST times, our wives will learn better from a third party.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    I know I know these kind of questions get asked all the time. But I am soon to be heading home from this deployment and I really want to get my wife into some self defense classes like fighting pistol.

I have no doubt that I could teach her some of the things that would be covered in this class, but I feel that they may cover it in more depth and in a manner more suited for first time students. I just feel that she may get better results from someone that does this for a living.

My question is this, in my hometown there is a company named Tactical Responce, they train locally and they also travel all over the U.S. I have talked to local guys about the instructors but I was wondering if anybody else has heard of Tactical responce or not??

Anyway guys, just thought I would throw that out there and see what kind of replys I would get..

Thanks
    YES, I have not only heard of them, but I have met the guy who runs the place. (I know his name, I will not print it in public, if you want to know it or the whole story, PM me) After sitting through one of his "lectures" and his many many stories about his time in the middle East as a civilian contractor, I would suggest to anyone interested in going through self defense training to find someone else. I was not only not impressed by this guy but he struck me as being less than honest, if you get the meaning.

just my opinion here but, nothing this guy said seemed realistic to me, and he just had the feel of a guy I would not want teaching me anything.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

There's a good article on Tactical Response in the September issue of SWAT magazine. Covers both Fighting Pistol and Advanced Fighting Pistol.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    I can't help on evaluating Tactical Response, but I will affirm your choice to not try to teach your wife yourself. Not that you're not qualified, but MOST times, our wives will learn better from a third party.
    I totally agree with you on this one, I know I am capable of teaching her, I just honestly think she would be more receptive to a third party.

Im still undecided at the moment about this course. I still have another 27 days here, so i will do more research and give this matter more thought

I have taken their Fighting Pistol Class, it was a good class I was a little disappointed because I misunderstood the class advertistment I really thought there would be shooters in the class.

Had one lady crying because she could not hit the 3 and a half inch dots. To get the best out of the class I would go to a basic class first and work on the fundamentals.

I put all of my rounds in the dots 3 and a half inch and one inch dots, all in the heart and brain area. I had a nice 2 inch hole where the little man was.

Really you have to go some where learn basics. But go to FP and have a good time.

But if you really want to go where the shooters are! Check this out

Rogers Shooting School

YouTube - rogers shooting school madness
    YouTube - Rogers test 1
    YouTube - Rogers test 4
    YouTube - Rogers test 6
    YouTube - Rogers test 7
    YouTube - Shooting while moving

It may look easy and the thing I like about this school if you do not pass you don't get a certificate!

125 targets 3,7,15,25 yards 8in steel plates pop up for 1.5 sec 25yd 2.5 sec you have 3 sec to do a reload behind cover you will shoot strong and weak hand of 125 target you must hit 70 in order to pass and get a certificate I shot a 91 no one has maxed the course not even the owner.

If you go you will be shooting with special forces personal, swat cops, DOD, civilians etc. it is a pure shooting school.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

kelly
    you and your wife should come see us. never mind the naysayers, i dont know them...we have never met.

google that.

jay

Well I just finished the fighting pistol class on Oct 12 and 13 and it was the best class I've ever been to. I've taken three other classes from different schools and by far this was the best.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    This is Jim Yeagers group and I heartily recommend them.

I haven't been to their training, but I have watched their videos. The information and tactics presented are much much better than the training I received in the military.

It is as advertised. Defensive Pistol. As in, using a pistol to defend yourself. Nothing fancy or Hollywood, just how to survive a gunfight. There are other classes for how to shoot the wings off a fly at a 1000 yds with your pistol.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    in the interest of full disclosure, read this thread about a recent Tactical Response video:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ns-action.html

the video in question:

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=MVI_1778.flv

and look at the response:

YouTube - Firearms Training Safety

Personally, I am never going anywhere near this place. Decide for yourself.

Jay, welcome to the forum. Lots of info we can all learn from.

Too bad you feel that way, thanks for the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    I still have another 27 days here,
    26 days now. Thank you for your service, may you have a safe return. Be sure to take care of yourself when you get home, too. Get all the support and help that you need.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links