2 Day Defensive Handgun Course w/ Wife!

This is a discussion on 2 Day Defensive Handgun Course w/ Wife! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In 2 weeks I'll be at Frontsight in NV for a 2 day handgun course with my sweetheart. We got class certificates for $100 each ...

Thread: 2 Day Defensive Handgun Course w/ Wife!

2 Day Defensive Handgun Course w/ Wife!

In 2 weeks I'll be at Frontsight in NV for a 2 day handgun course with my sweetheart. We got class certificates for $100 each and just got confirmed for our class. Actual cost is $150/ each because they charge $50/person for background check. We think itís a good deal and even my wife is very excited. She has been pretty supportive when I got a handgun and my CCW, but she isnít real confident about handling it herself. Hopefully this will give her skills and confidence a big boost. She has been on the ammo hunt for the last couple months, so now we have plenty for the class.
    We havenít gotten her a gun yet, so we may rent one there. Itíll be the same as mine (XD9) which means weíll both know how to handle it. Iíve been meaning to get to the range w/ some friends who have a bigger gun selection than mine so she can try several of them, but havenít gotten to it.
    Summary - 2 days of shooting w/ my bride (& no kids), and a day and a half in Vegas after the class .
    We are excited !!

2. Remove Ads

From what I have read from prior students... You may be too tired after the class to enjoy Vegas! LOL!

I'm sure you'll have a great time and the wife will be be ready to get her CCW as soon as you get back home. I'm confidant of that.

We expect a full "After Action Report" when you return. Looking forward to hearing about your experience! Pictures are always a plus if you have the chance!

Take care and have fun!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

You'll love it, hayzor. In fact, I'll be there that weekend with my wife for the 4-day class. It's a shame you can't stay for the 4 days as the second 2 days are the most fun. I did the 4-day handgun class 18 months ago and then I went back this spring for the 4-day rifle class and my wife took the 2-day handgun class (a big step for her). Even though the weather was terrible (cold with 40mph winds), when she finished the second day, she said "I want to do this again". I took advantage of that and we both became lifetime members (and got the "free" gun package).

Maybe we can meet up there. Let me know if you need a first hand account of what to expect.
    NRA Life Member

Have fun at Front Sight! My wife took the two day course and that was just the right length of time for her. I went 4 days and loved it. and older son went 5 days and really liked it.
    The weather should be pretty good, but be prepared for anything. We stayed in Pahrump and glad we did.

Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    In 2 weeks I'll be at Frontsight in NV for a 2 day handgun course with my sweetheart. We got class certificates for $100 each and just got confirmed for our class. Actual cost is $150/ each because they charge $50/person for background check. We think itís a good deal and even my wife is very excited. She has been pretty supportive when I got a handgun and my CCW, but she isnít real confident about handling it herself. Hopefully this will give her skills and confidence a big boost. She has been on the ammo hunt for the last couple months, so now we have plenty for the class.
    We havenít gotten her a gun yet, so we may rent one there. Itíll be the same as mine (XD9) which means weíll both know how to handle it. Iíve been meaning to get to the range w/ some friends who have a bigger gun selection than mine so she can try several of them, but havenít gotten to it.
    Summary - 2 days of shooting w/ my bride (& no kids), and a day and a half in Vegas after the class .
    We are excited !!
    Congrats on the course. We always love it out there. Just returned myself (Sept25th-28th) w/ the wife in tow. first time out she tried the xd40 service that came with the gun & gear 5 day course-springs in the service model were just too much for her to handle. She did much better this time with a S&W M&P 9c. Just be aware that there are different sized hands out there and not all will fit the xd- the M&P comes with 3 different grip inserts for different sizes of hands and so does the XDm. The course will boost your sweethearts confidence and shooting skills for sure! Make sure you get a decent holster for the xd- we fought the xd gear the whole time we were there the first time- I sure love my Blade Tech holsters for the return trips. Also found an injection molded M&P holster at blade tech for like 30 bucks on short notice and put one of my "drop and offset" kits on it for the wife as the ladies have more hips than the guys do and the belt holsters dont always fit them well. We had a blast-Hope that you did also- I'm always up for a trip to Front Sight
    The US Marine's aren't a branch of the US Military, they're a Religion unto themselves

"The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Taking a SD pistol training course is very smart...enjoy your class. Having the wife along is a real plus...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's totally awesome! I could only hope to take my wife and me to an excellent course in defensive handgun training. I think it would be worth it even though we try and train on our own. I've never had specific training other than what the government doled out for me under contract. My hopes for when she becomes a best selling author and financial means will cease to be a concern.
    Best of luck to you both on the class! I know what it is to have your loved one on the same page at the same time. We're there, it's just I don't know how far we can go....yet. Kudos to you and yours for being able and taking the opportunity. You'll come out with something priceless in the end there's no doubt.

hayzor should be having his class this weekend...

Anxiously awaiting his after action report!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links