always with the ?

always with the ?

This is a discussion on always with the ? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; sorry have a hungry mind. can any of the older members or instuctors give all us new guys a basic list of drill to improve ...

Thread: always with the ?

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

always with the ?

sorry have a hungry mind. can any of the older members or instuctors give all us new guys a basic list of drill to improve our automatic reflexes with the weapons with out assesment drills awareness drills live fire n dry fire think it would be an interesting thread thanks agine you all are improving me dayly

sssss, there is a ton of good stuff over at www.totalprotectioninteractive.com Register to view. Gomez and HeadHunter, as well as several others do full and part-time instruction.

thanks rob n just call me snake lol

Assistant Administrator
    One thing I will mention, tho not all wish to do this - is carry all day and every day and maintain a consistent carry position and carry gun.

Get well familiar with the whole set up. Draw drills and dry fire are good - eyes closed, register a fast positive draw (start slow and get faster) - and open eyes to check for sighting being OK or not. Repeat - many times.

My live fire practice this year will be geared toward shooting while on move and concealment aspects too. I recommend when shooting on the move walking with knees partly bent - it helps smooth out the disturbance of the walking action on sighting.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Carry at all times. Get to know your holster or where you carry your gun. Practice getting the gun out of the daily carry holster and/or pocket. Dry fire. Re-do. Re-do. Re-do. Then go to the range and burn up the ammo. Practice from the holster and/or pocket, at five to seven feet from the target. Use the holster and/or pocket that you carry and/or use each day, not the John Wayne holster like most peoples take to the range. Double tap and cover your target. Re-examine the threat. Then after you have control of the situation you can re-holster and/or pocket. Then re-do it all over again. Then re-do it all over again. Then re-do it all over again. Then re-do it all over again. Get the picture here. After you have master this, you can practice reloading drills. But remember most gunfights are not what you see on TV. You don't need a ammo can on your back in the real world. One loaded gun will get the job done. –Slow is Fast-- Then Fast will be Faster---

frankmako

thanks every one and ha ha jarhead hummor i get it same school lol

and i guese that i dont need to ask another stupid ? about extra mags thanks agine

Snake
    I've asked my own share of "stupid questions" and will continue to do so.
    I've been told by members here that there is no stupid question.
    Ask away as I will continue to do, maybe someday we'll be able to answer one for someone else.

George

The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.

Wayne

Improve your hand strength buy you a grip exerciser from Dicks Sporting Goods or Wally World. They are about 5 to 10 bucks. I try to do 50 to 100 squeezes a day.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

The folks here have given you some good advice, lots of draw and dry fire, practical range practice,as well as being in good physical shape. As for my .02 i can recommend playing the"What If" game. The LEO's and CO's know what i am talking about. This is basically thinking of a senario and training yourself to respond accordinly to it.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    and i guese that i dont need to ask another stupid ? about extra mags thanks agine
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry AT LEAST one spare mag. 90-95% of all autopistol malfs are due to either dirt, or a bad mag. If you keep your gun clean and properly lubed, then most any malf will be due to a bad magazine. The only cure for a bad mag is another magazine.

(And it doesn't hurt to have the extra rounds too)

Administrator
    DITTO: Gary Brommeland ~ I agree 100%

Senior Moderator
    Gary and QK,

Just recently I read a thread about whether to carry a spare mag or not. Not here by the way. You'd have thought carrying a spare mag was like carrying around a truck load of bricks. I've never heard of so many reasons for not carrying a spare mag - none of which were worth the cyberspace they reside in.

As pointed out, all it takes is a mag failure and that fantastic gun is all but out of business. I'm sure the argument would be how likely is that to happen, etc., etc....

But gee whiz, how hard is it to carry a spare mag? I've got two on me right now and rarely realize I'm carrying them (Acclimating for Blackwater next week). It just seems like such a simple, easy thing to do, that it ought to be a no-brainer.

Sponsored Links