Just got home from a training class

This is a discussion on Just got home from a training class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to my local indoor range and took my first Defensive Handgun class. I have never had so much fun in a class before. ...

I went to my local indoor range and took my first Defensive Handgun class. I have never had so much fun in a class before. The owner of the local indoor range is an excellent instructor and teaches all kinds of classes. He trains with Massad Ayoob and John Farnam and has written a book on low light gun fighting. In my 15 years with a law enforcement agency not once did they teach us to move and shoot - All qualifying was done on a stationary firing line and nothing else.

It was an 8 hour class and I am exhausted and will sleep well tonight. I handled and manipulated my weapon more today than I have since I bought it. I would recommend anyone who really wants to learn to use their weapon to take as much training like this that they can get. Next month I will be taking the more advanced course and now that I have paid for these classes, I can take them as many times as I want for free. I will be taking advantage of that for sure.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Buying a gun is a step in the right direction...getting the permit is important...learning to survive by taking a SD pistol course is what it's all about.

Stay armed...get training and practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 on what retsup99 said
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I agree, the advanced training classes are a TON of fun, and of course the benefit is you learn some very important techniques that just might save your life!

Where in Idaho is the range? I would love to attend a SD class.

Thanks guys. I have missed being on here, its been awhile.

We have many weapons in our home and shoot all the time but this is a whole other level of shooting. I am hooked and will be buying an airsoft pro pistol to practice with.

SPSTAURUS - The range is in Post Falls and is called Center Target Sports. You can find them on the web. He gives a 5 day tactical pistol that I have heard is unbelievably intense and is done at the range but also has courses set up in empty industrial buildings in the dark. The cost for that is $500.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Redwood66,
    Thanks, that's not too far for me and I go to Spokane about two or three times a year. I will have to check it out on my next trip.

training

Read someplace a great quote that said "the more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle." Good thing to remember. I try to do at least two training sessions of two days or more a year and teach at least one class a month plus shoot on a weekly basis - till got much to learn.

Good job on the training class
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Links