Front Sight 4 Day Defensive Handgun (long post warning)

This is a discussion on Front Sight 4 Day Defensive Handgun (long post warning) within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IMHO I would challenge this. In all my classes I have been taught, IF you have to use a defensive weapon to save your life ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Sight 4 Day Defensive Handgun (long post warning)

IMHO I would challenge this. In all my classes I have been taught, IF you have to use a defensive weapon to save your life or a life of a loved one that you shoot until the threat is eliminated or stopped. (LEO and Civilian)

No where have I encountered instructions stating do not shoot anyone in the head to stop the threat.
    I'm a member at FS.

What they teach in the basic classes is two to the chest (controlled pair, not double tap; not the same thing) and if that doesn't do the trick, go to the head, the rationale being that if the first two don't stop the threat there's no reason to believe more shots to the chest will do so. The doctrine is the same in the rifle classes. I'm not much of a shotgun guy, and haven't taken a shotgun class, so I can't speak to their doctrine there. When I took the rifle class with a .308 they were fine with only one to the chest.

In the more advanced classes that goes out the window, and they say shoot 'em as much as you think they need to be shot. (They use photo targets, one of which is a brush-headed guy leveling an AK. Last time I was there they popped that target up at me and it actually scared me a little - "Crap, AK." I gave the SOB 8 or 9 rounds, which I think he deserved, and got hearty approval from the instructor, a Salt Lake City cop.)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    On a closing note; I must admit that, at first, I was a little skeptical at Ignatius Piazza's marketing strategy, but after attending and listening to their point of view, and also gaining a better insight of what their trying to accomplish, I understand why he does what he does. I might've done it differently, but Front Sight knows what their doing. Oh yeah, I applauded at the end of the last lecture when we all left.

My apologies for the long post. I was hoping to be informative to whoever might be looking for some info on Front Sight.
    Thank you! I have significant distrust of any hard sell and wonder what FS does with the background data they get on attendees, but your post is convincing enough for me to try to schedule a trip.

VIP Member
    Sounds just like my Front Sight 4 Day Defensive Handgun Course... I was pooped but it was a good experience. I had a brand new S&W 1911SC that didn't get cleaned, just lubed till I got back home... ran just like your Taurus did!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Yes, it was an exhausting course, but well worth it. I've purchased a 2 day certificate that I hope to use on a 2 day skill builder course sometime this year...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The Skill Builder is the same range curriculum as the Four Day Defensive. You'd essentially be repeating the same class, without the lectures.

I'd recommend the Advanced Tactical Handgun, if your certificate will allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudite View Post
    The Skill Builder is the same range curriculum as the Four Day Defensive. You'd essentially be repeating the same class, without the lectures.

I'd recommend the Advanced Tactical Handgun, if your certificate will allow it.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm going to check it out.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links