Searching for South Florida Firearm Instruction

This is a discussion on Searching for South Florida Firearm Instruction within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Everyone, I wanted to see if any of the South Florida folks here had any suggestions for firearms instruction in the area. I've been ...

Thread: Searching for South Florida Firearm Instruction

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if any of the South Florida folks here had any suggestions for firearms instruction in the area. I've been shooting for a long time, but don't have a whole lot of pistol experience (I've always been a rifle and trap shooter). So I'd like to start with the basics and work my way on up with a pistol instructor.

I'm looking for people that have first-hand experience with a particular outfit or individual. I already have my CWP and took my training course from Florida Safety & Health Educators but their advanced courses are all the way up in Melbourne and Titusville... just too far of a hike from my home in Boynton Beach.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    OK, here are some options that I can suggest.

- Go to NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training and plug in Zip Code and what NRA courses you might be interested in taking.

- Talk to the staff at any local gun shops. Some will have business cards up for trainers, some may do training or "know someone".

- Check with your local PD for suggested names of trainers.

- If there are any public ranges (or private clubs) nearby, check with the folks running them for names/suggestions.

Good luck.

Without question or hesitation:
    Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics,
    teaching at www.southernexposuretraining.com

or, any of the instructors featured there. But Randy has got to be on the very, very short list of 'trigger diagnosticians' that can teach you the very slight nuances that make the difference between a good shot, and a great shot.
    Review I posted a coupla yrs ago.

Randy Cain's th101
    Posted a review in the 1911forum also, but thought I'd drop a word here, too.

Just completed my second th101 with Randy Cain at Southern Exposure in Lakeland, Fl this past weekend. Randy is a first class instructor. His professionalism is unrivaled. He is a top notch gentlemen, and is graced w the ability to relay information in such a manner that even a 'windowlikker' can get it. I took his th101 back in December and learned so much that I realized I must have also missed a lot as well. I did. This time, I was a little more at ease w the program and it allowed for more focus on what I was doing rather than worrying about how I was doing in comparisson to others on the line. Although it was a 101, all the students save two had taken at least one of Randy's classes in the past. This allowed us to move at a very brisk pace, though never sacrificing safety or cutting corners. The night shoot was awsome. On one particular stage, Randy really got into my head. Most pressure I have ever felt in a training scenario before. Didnt like it, but I delt w it. I made the shot due in great part to following his very basic steps to placing accurate fire. And that is what his training is about. BASICS. No majic, no bs. Just proven basics. Randy does not tell 'war stories'. He may relate how an encounter he has had can help us. But he does not tell a lot of 'me/I' stories. None of the techniques he teaches start w his name. He told us there is nothing new under the sun. Its all been done b4. Some techniques have been improved, but rarely is one so new that it needs to have a new name. For those proven reliable techniqes, Randy is quick to give credit. Above all else, Randy is BIG on safety. The 4 Rules are paramount. We were reminded of them from the start to dismissal.

If you ever get a chance, take a Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101. You wont be sorry.

Dan

We offer firearms instruction in South Florida, please feel free to visit our website at www.invictussecurity.com for more details about our training courses.

And we are in Boynton Beach! All our instructors are former Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance.
    INVICTUS SECURITY
    3200 S Congress Ave Suite 203
    Boynton Beach FL 33426
    Office: 866-640-8971
    Fax: 866-496-4155
    www.invictussecurity.com

https://floridafirearmstraining.com/Home_Page.html

Took training from them a few weeks ago.
    VERY good, in my opinion.

We shot at a range near the Boynton Beach Hospital (forgot the name).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I was in Boynton Beach a few months ago. I have family there...

I knew that I should have tried to drum up some business while I was there! :)

Sponsored Links