Be Honest

This is a discussion on Be Honest within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LEO Corrections here with two years under the belt in January. Once a year qualify. Lots of officers don't carry when in uniform and outside ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Be Honest

LEO Corrections here with two years under the belt in January. Once a year qualify. Lots of officers don't carry when in uniform and outside the jails. Lots don't carry off the job either.

I will admit that I didn't carry either but that was because I was trained on revolvers. Yes that's not really a good excuse but I wasn't about to buy a revolver when I could pick up a semi-auto (Glock 22). It just took forever to get into the semi class and that in of itself was like hitting the lottery. ;)

Once I got the semi-auto class a few months ago I carry every single time I put on the uniform. The department is finally switching over to semi-auto (Glock 17) but I still don't expect to see large amounts of officers carrying outside of the jail unless they are on details.

My goal for the new year is too get to the range at least once a week, start carrying on a daily basis (concealed of course), and invest in reloading so I can save some money. (oh and buy rifles and other guns :D)

I personally think that departments could save money and increase training for officers if they used .22 lr for training and make range time mandatory 1-2 times a month depending on the department. Think of it...... You have a Glock 17 and you simply switch to .22 with a conversion kit. It enables you to practice drawing and firing and also work on marksmanship skills at a lower cost. Of course you still shoot the regular stuff as well.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I certainly hope LEOs shoot more often that I do, but I doubt it. And I don't get to shoot as often as I wish I could.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am not a LEO curently, but when i was i,as well as a small group of co-workers, got together and trained weekly.we shot ALOT and worked on things like weapon retention, DT, and any other odd senerios we could imagine. Sadly we were the exception, not the rule.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links