Things that draw attention....or should

This is a discussion on Things that draw attention....or should within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AWDeanSr I believe he said That is a very vague statement, to my understanding that leaves the decision to "spot check" as ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Things that draw attention....or should

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
    I believe he said

That is a very vague statement, to my understanding that leaves the decision to "spot check" as a subjective evaluation by the LEO. (arbitrary:contingent solely upon one's discretion)
    And again.. Mercop never said he used those sole pieces of observation to do a stop or "spot check". He said it keyed him in to things that "draw attention to" (title of the thread) him, maybe, paying a bit more attention to this situation to see if something is developing. You can also be on the look out for "things that should not be" to spot danger situations before they actually become dangerous.

You wouldn't change your engine because of an oil spot on the ground, but it does give you the suggestion that something is wrong with your car and you investigate further. Investigate does not necessarily mean doing a traffic stop.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I don't see people getting bent out of shape, I see people countering something put down and making observations such as it should be on a site, hhhmmm, just as it should be to keep things interesting. There are always exceptions to what is stated. (facial appearance not present here). Oh well, if everyone agreed, it would be a boring work wouldn't it?
    To each his own but it's certainly there. It isn't a counter to say "that's BS because I do that". That's a complete disregard for something that is probably true 95% of the time but just not in your case. It isn't a counter to say "that assumption is ludicrous" People have puffed up their chest in this thread at the very mention that a police officer might be looking further into something because his life experience says there is fire at that smoke. But again... your opinion is your own and your entitled to it. Carry on.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faitmaker View Post
    To each his own but it's certainly there. It isn't a counter to say "that's BS because I do that". That's a complete disregard for something that is probably true 95% of the time but just not in your case. It isn't a counter to say "that assumption is ludicrous" People have puffed up their chest in this thread at the very mention that a police officer might be looking further into something because his life experience says there is fire at that smoke. But again... your opinion is your own and your entitled to it. Carry on.

I've done the LEO profiling in the service (not quite the same in every aspect of course as my civilian counter part), I see what the OP is putting down and agree to parts of it and I might word my differences in a more professional manner, but then not everyone will do that on the net as I have seen, but it's still a counter either way.

Thanks for allowing me my opiniion and to carry on.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by motorhed66 View Post
    Im a big dude , shaved head, fast car ..hell , Grady just might give me a very wide berth walkin down the street ...
    Hey, if I know it's you, I'll invite you over!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links