Central Axis Relock

This is a discussion on Central Axis Relock within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who on this site has any first hand information on C.A.R.? Have been looking at several different websites and it has my interest peaked. Especially ...

Thread: Central Axis Relock

Central Axis Relock

Who on this site has any first hand information on C.A.R.?
    Have been looking at several different websites and it has my interest peaked. Especially in very close confines such as between parked cars and tight hallways.
    "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    A good friend of mine is a C.A.R. instructor.
    It has some good points, but as a stand alone shooting system I am not impressed.

I've taken some of it's concepts and adapted them to my platform, mainly the high position for CQ work.

Try it, use or adapt what works for you and discard the rest.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    A good friend of mine is a C.A.R. instructor.
    It has some good points, but as a stand alone shooting system I am not impressed.
    No, I didn't mean as an all encompassing system but just to use certain parts that are not necessarily addressed with other systems.
    "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."

For out of the holster spontaneous response I use my Drop Stop. Once I am out of the holster and have a few steps to work with I use CAR. When clearing room or with a gun out in the crowd IMHO their is nothing the beats CAR for structural integrity and retention. For shooting out of vehicles is has no competitor. It is the first system that focuses on how the body works instead of focusing on the gun first.- George

Was tutored by Paul Castle in the C.A.R. technique.It's the only Technique I use now. I'm a vet and find it an excellent tactical technique , it far excels the conventional weaver and isosolece stance which I personally feel are more for target shooting then a tactical situation. It has more pluses then faults in my personal opinion,but to each there own.There has to be something to it for it to be adopted by Spec Ops and Leo units world wide! Most people that don't get it or are opposed to it can't say that they actually even went thru the proper training of it so I don't see how they can justify saying it isn't any good!The biggest problem C.A.R. has is That Paul tries to teach a Sound Viable Technique,utterly free to other's from his website,what they fail to realize is that,like any Technique and training to get it right,really right,they need the hands on training from one of Paul's training facility's.If you think what's on his web site is good wait till you see what you get from his training!You can't just read the web site and think ok I know the C.A.R. Technique system thru and thru now that's crazy redundant thinking,yet so many people do exactly that,then think there an authority on the C.A.R. Technique and start ranking on it.
    Last edited by ECHOONE; December 14th, 2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: fix

vex
    How well does it work for left handed shooters?

Links