Mas Ayoob's new website

This is a discussion on Mas Ayoob's new website within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As Shooter X has stated, would love to take a class with one of the masters! Perhaps there would be enough interest in South Carolina/North ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mas Ayoob's new website

As Shooter X has stated, would love to take a class with one of the masters! Perhaps there would be enough interest in South Carolina/North Carolina to schedule a "40" class. Just thinkin ya know...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Hey Saber, glad to see you are on this site. There are a bunch of fellow students here and a 'buncher' of former students and several who will be the assistant instructors at the class. Mas is here pretty much daily also.
    This guy who is setting the class up, Dan Southard, is a retired 19D so he may get lost on the way to the range, just have a cow bell of something to find him.

Also get Mas's book, In the Gravest Extreme, and study then pick up the Combat Handguns and American Handgunner mags from now until the class.

bikerRN, KOS, and KAZ can give you much advice also. You'll need 500 rounds, handgun that you might carry, 3 mags, mag holder, and MRE's or something to eat during the day.
    Last edited by threefeathers; January 16th, 2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling is tough

bikerRN, KOS, and KAZ can give you much advice also. You'll need 500 rounds, handgun that you might carry, 3 mags, mag holder, and MRE's or something to eat during the day.
    Here's my quick advice:

Notebook, divided or seperate books for each day
    Pens, bring plenty
    Food, Eat your co-student's lunch when they go to the bathroom
    Beer Rolling Rock, Mas is known to have a fondness for it for some strange reason. I myself prefer Cooper's Pale Ale
    WATER WATER WATER Take the hint
    Ammo Bring extra

Bring the gun you carry, and a spare if you can. It is not unheard of for guns to fail. I brought my P-35, as that's my daily off duty carry. If you normally carry a revolver Mas or others there can work with you regarding things that may need to be worked on. By the time this class is held I may be back to packing a wheelie or three.

That's all I can think of on short notice. Take care, stay safe and have fun.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; January 17th, 2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typo

Well, I never thought Mas would leave LFI but now that he has, I am very excited to see what direction he takes. Now, I would surely go to a school taught by Mas before I would spend the money on LFI. I trust Mas above the school he started if he thinks that LFI has wandered off the path.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm a little worried that he may spend more time with attorneys and not enough with the average citizen. When I took LFI-1 with him two summers ago I asked him if he had any intentions of retiring. He said he thought about retiring but he didn't know what he would do. He would probably shoot all the time and if he was going to do that he might as well do this and make some money and still shoot all the time. I guess even the best want to slow down eventually.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Well, I guess I need to be looking for MAG-80 now instead of LFI-II. I wish I had known this when I was trying to get interest together for an LFI-II course in Harrisburg. I am with TN_Mike; I am much more interested in taking a class with Massad Ayoob than any given school.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Would you want to work for an ex-wife who took you to the cleaners?
    So it's safe to assume that Dot is the "other major partner" in LFI, with whom he had differing business philosophies?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Well, I never thought Mas would leave LFI but now that he has, I am very excited to see what direction he takes. Now, I would surely go to a school taught by Mas before I would spend the money on LFI. I trust Mas above the school he started if he thinks that LFI has wandered off the path.
    Mike, I can speak for the two LFI instructors in CT... Frank Cornwall and Gary Nalband (Defense Associates). Both very serious about the craft they teach, and both very professional. I suspect other LFI instructors are of equally high caliber, and if the opportunity presented itself, I wouldn't shy away from taking an LFI course.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Kaz, a jump on a airplane is easy, come to AZ as either myself or Derby Guns will have a Level Two.

One spot left in Mas's class it would be nice to go t another from this site.

Well MP45 Man, as much as I'd love to take a class with him, he can reach even more people thru his writing. I hope to see more from him, including an update to ITGE.

But hey, I hope to meet Pax a month from now...and she knows him, so there'll be only "one degree of separation" lol. Maybe some will rub off...(actually, I'm sure I will learn loads!)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    Kaz, a jump on a airplane is easy, come to AZ as either myself or Derby Guns will have a Level Two.
    Flying with a good quality pistol, backup, shotgun (...and carbine for MAG-80?) would make me very nervous...

I am still trying to work out getting Mas back to Harrisburg, PA. I think I have the right people talking to him, so we'll see.

I have actually had to go to Sierra Vista for work a couple times recently, but I don't think there's another trip out there for a while.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Kaz, coming to S Vista and not calling me. Shame. No one gives the Cochise County Ghost tour like I do. I actually KNOW some of them.
    Travel with properly stored gunz is really easy. I suggest US Air as they really have their acts together for that.
    If you get to Seattle we will have one of our LFI Grads pick you up, I double guarantee. I'll be going back to train with Marty just to see Rugger, Jeff, Pax, and Don. There has to be a designated driver. (PAX)

Well, threefeathers, next time I'm out Huachuca way, I will drop you a line. And I have traveled with a gun or two before, so I know it's doable. It's just the thought of flying with all the hardware and ammo for a full level 2 course that is giving me pause...

As for MAG-80, I am waiting for more to show up on the schedule. The one now in Indiana in June I can't make, because it's right on top of the National Tactical Invitational.

MAG 40 class in May at Sierra Vista has now been filled. We will announce another fairly soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links