Bad Guys and Vests - Page 2

Bad Guys and Vests

This is a discussion on Bad Guys and Vests within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was taught "The Zipper" as well in a class down here in Texas. We started at the hip close in, and then worked to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"The Zipper"

I was taught "The Zipper" as well in a class down here in Texas.

We started at the hip close in, and then worked to a full extension of the arms, and then back down to your hips.

Seems to me that not many bg's are going to be standing after that.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I think the idea of a vest is not that far fetched. The bangers are well armed, well funded, and it would not be too surprising if they took to using some type of vest. That said, being confronted by a banger is not much of a possibility for most of us, unless you are a LEO. I personally think I'm more likely to be confronted by a meth head looking for funds for his next buy. If he's under the influence, it would be necessary to shoot like he had a vest because these guys are so hard to stop. I practice two COM and one to the head. If confronted, I'd probably go two or three COM just below the sternum and then go for the head.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    No vest worry here. IMO it's like this.
    For a BG to wear a vest,especially in the warmer climates,would be a sure "tell" to Any LEO and they are smart enough(just barely) to figure this out. Also I feel that the career BG's would rather spend their money on weapons and they probably feel that wearing a vest isn't a good,"I'm a tough guy" show, for their homies.

The chances of a CCW'er coming up against a vest wearer is 'bout the same as us encountering a BG(s) that are in need of your second and especially your third magazine. This, especially for you full sized Glockers.

I feel that we CCW'ers have mo betta things to worry about than them vests. Things like training. Things like the latest/best firearms,ammo,holsters,belts,blades,and lights,that will increase our surviveability in a lethal encounter. This is what I spend my time acessing.

But this is just me. I don't carry more than one reload(mag of 7),only one blade,and(gasp!) no light either.

Am I prepared?? I think so. You may not. Good luck to us all. ------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links