Anybody looking to get into Executive Protection?

This is a discussion on Anybody looking to get into Executive Protection? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found this interesting. I came across a very general wanted ad at the sales office of my employer (a security and private investigations firm) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody looking to get into Executive Protection?

Anybody looking to get into Executive Protection?

I found this interesting. I came across a very general wanted ad at the sales office of my employer (a security and private investigations firm) while searching online for new sales leads.

The ad was from a reputable source and simply stated "Security wanted for US Company. Call 213-403-0415". Out of sheer curiosity I called the number. These are the details:

*Private Security/ Executive Protection needed for a company that sells and manages private island time shares.

*Position is suit and tie, polished individual.

*4 days on, 3 days off.

*Provide protection on private jets and for execs on the island.

*All flights and expenses during working hours are paid by employer.

*$1,050.00 weekly to start plus large benefits package.

Not sure what the catch is here...if interested call for yourself, listen to the message, and leave your name and number. This personally wouldn't work for me and my "current situation" but sounds like a great gig for somebody out there. Thought I'd let you all know.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

2. Remove Ads

I didnt see shoot first ask questions later...lol

Um is the 1050 after taxs or before cause it aint enough to risk my life

Lead Moderator
    Suit and tie? On a island ? sound hot and alot like drug trafficing.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't know Rocky i though ya got to wear the bad Hawaiian shirts in the Drug Trade

Everyone sing with me

Bad Boys bad boys what ya gonna do what ya gonna do when they come for you

Hey...I didn't make the rules...just throwin' the add out there. I wear jeans and tshirts and like to go without shaving for four or five days (did I just describe myself as a bum?....I think I did). Not for me either...but it does stir the curiousity.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I am in fact looking to get into EP, unfortunately EP courses are crazy expensive and I just can't do it without a high paying EP-type job. Vicious Circle.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I don't know Rocky i though ya got to wear the bad Hawaiian shirts in the Drug Trade

Everyone sing with me

Bad Boys bad boys what ya gonna do what ya gonna do when they come for you
    I thought it was pastel colors and a slicked back hairdo. Either way, it sounds more like a Soldier of Fotune ad than a job.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

$1000 a week is about $25 an hour. Not very much to risk your neck. I know teachers who make more money. How's THAT for perspective?

You want to make the BIG$$$? Go apply with Blackwater for convoy security on contractors in Baghdad. Three grand a DAY. Except you have to live to collect your paycheck after six months. No medevacs. No backup. No arty or Gunship support. Supposedly they get to carry whatever they want but I've also heard the restrictions on weapons and ROEs are tightening considerably. But the money IS there. Watch "Proof of Life" a few dozen times before you apply.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    You want to make the BIG$$$? Go apply with Blackwater for convoy security on contractors in Baghdad. Three grand a DAY. Except you have to live to collect your paycheck after six months. No medevacs. No backup. No arty or Gunship support. Supposedly they get to carry whatever they want but I've also heard the restrictions on weapons and ROEs are tightening considerably. But the money IS there. Watch "Proof of Life" a few dozen times before you apply.
    I knew a guy that did exactly that. Ex marine,ex cop,ex fireman...
    he didnt collect his last check.

A car bomb scattered his stuff up in the upper atmosphere where I suspect it is still floating around.

No kidding.That money is no good if you cant spend it...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    A knew a guy that did exactly that. Ex marine,ex cop,ex fireman...
    he didnt collect his last check.

A car bomb scattered his stuff up in the upper atmosphere where I suspect it is still floating around.

No kidding.That money is no good if you cant spend it...
    I almost have to wonder if even if you make it to the last month the company would send you in areas they knew you were statistically more likely to die in, so they wouldn't have to pay up. The mean world of business.

Senior Moderator
    I almost have to wonder if even if you make it to the last month the company would send you in areas they knew you were statistically more likely to die in, so they wouldn't have to pay up. The mean world of business.
    I dont think so. Hed been doing the same thing for awhile. When you do something like that you are playing the odds. The longer you stay, the lower your chances.

Know a guy heading back with them for a third contract. He's pretty good at what he does but I think he's pushing his luck with a wife and child. Knew another guy who did high risk executive protection and what those guys are offering is peanuts.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9
    *Private Security/ Executive Protection needed for a company that sells and manages private island time shares.
    Who has jurisdiction over the property/what courts would you have to deal with? Are you armed?

*Position is suit and tie, polished individual.
    Ok, don't pull your wedgies.

*4 days on, 3 days off.

*Provide protection on private jets and for execs on the island.
    What airports are you stopping at/what are the emergency/alternates (jurisdiction again). Where is the island- what is the Risk Assessment (anti-globalist, -capitalist, -government terrorists; pirates/smugglers/kidnappers)?

*All flights and expenses during working hours are paid by employer.
    Hmmmm... does that mean you are charged for room & board, off-duty? Private resort could get kinda expensive.

*$1,050.00 weekly to start plus large benefits package.
    If the RA is low, and you aren't expected to need/utilize lethal force- essentially be a "Big Dude Capable of Whomping", up front, and if the $1050 is fee-free that wouldn't be bad. IIRC, your first $100K, overseas is tax free.
    I'll pass it along to a couple of single friends.....the $$ is definitely more "Private Security", than "EP"..........

The foreign earned income exclusion permitted under Code Section 911 is limited. Pursuant to Code Section 911(b)(2)(D)(i), the foreign earned income that may be excluded is capped at:

Calendar year Exclusion amount
    ------------- ----------------
    1998 $72,000
    1999 $74,000
    2000 $76,000
    2001 $78,000
    2002 and thereafter $80,000

After 2002, the maximum excludable amount remains at $80,000, until calendar year 2008, when it will begin to be adjusted annually for inflation. Code Section 911(b)(2)(D)(ii).

These amounts are subject to a further limitation. Pursuant to Reg. Section 1.911-3(d)(2), the annual limitation is the lesser of either:

(1) The qualified individual's foreign earned income for the taxable year in excess of the housing cost amounts (if any) that the individual elected to exclude from gross income under Code Section 911(a)(2); or

(2) the maximum annual exclusion amount prorated by the number of qualifying days (i.e., multiplied by the number resulting from dividing the number of qualifying days in the taxable year by the number of days in the taxable year).

The number of qualifying days is the number of days in the taxable year during which the individual satisfied the tax home requirement and either the bona fide residence requirement or the physical presence requirement. Although the period of bona fide residence must include an entire taxable year, the entire uninterrupted period of residence may include fractional parts of a taxable year. Reg. Section 1.911-3(d)(3).

Exclusions for foreign may also be available.

Body guards usually get killed. Not worth it. I was offered a protection service job when I was fresh out of the service. The money sounded good, but not enough to risk my life. Hollywood has really pumped the romantic idea of doing this type of work.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links