The Best Defense

This is a discussion on The Best Defense within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have it set on our DVR with Dish. One of my daughters loves to watch it with me and then practice the hand to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Defense

We have it set on our DVR with Dish. One of my daughters loves to watch it with me and then practice the hand to hand combat moves they show. I drew the line this week when she came out with a cane and said "let's try what they did this week dad"

2. Remove Ads

I've always like TBD. The new season has been outstanding. I prefer to think of Season III as the apology for "The Best Defense; Survival". (sorry Rob). I put "American Guardian" in that category, too. They're a little too "Gunsight" for this Marine.

Rob's new show, "SWAT Magazine TV" is a winner as well. Very much worth watching, and really valuable insight from the guest instructors.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    . . . I prefer to think of Season III as the apology for "The Best Defense; Survival". (sorry Rob). . .
    I must agree. Wasn't able to sit through many episodes last season. Glad to see they are back to normal.

Did any see the one from this week showing the effectiveness of a bookshelf with about five books on it for cover in a gunfight?

They started with the .38 JHP and it made it through two books that were about 1.25" thick each. The next was a 9mm JHP and it made it through five or six and almost had enough energy to pass through the other side of the bookshelf. The .40 JHP and .45 Ball, really blew my mind. They didn't even make it through two books. They dumped all their energy in the first and didn't have enough to make it through another one. Now I have no doubts that they will stop a human target without a problem, but the velocity of the 9mm and how it retained its energy through the 5th or 6th book was surprising.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I DVR the whole Wednesday night lineup on the Outdoor Channel. Great programming!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Looks very interesting, I guess local cable doesn't get this, I'll have to check though.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I think it's a great show and I enjoy every Wednesday night at the range. My only complaint...sometimes Michael Bane's mannerisms and such just annoy me...haha i dunno...it's stupid but just does. :) but yes I enjoy the show alot very informative and very up to date on the issues.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Great show, looks interesting. Can anyone point me to some info on what channels this show is aired? This is the first time I've heard of it, so I'm assuming it may not be available in my area. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely World View Post
    Great show, looks interesting. Can anyone point me to some info on what channels this show is aired? This is the first time I've heard of it, so I'm assuming it may not be available in my area. Thanks.
    The outdoor channel is the only station that airs it. Good show btw
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Thanks Guys... I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the new Season....

(and, yes, this is SEASON TWO of "The Best Defense"...... "survival" is a spin-off short series that we also do for the network, but it is not in the same vein. We're actually scripting out several episodes of TBD:S that will air during the late summer again this year)

-RJP

Rob: Great show. I started a thread on the "bookcase test" that you guys did at: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t-defense.html

I like seeing all the different scenarios that you can find yourself in. If possible, I'd like to see how these factors might help:
    - motion sensor lights
    - a dog
    - windowed doors (probably doesn't help)
    - anti-shatter window film

Its great to see also on the new season how a situation is bad and how it can be improved on layer by layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post

(and, yes, this is SEASON TWO of "The Best Defense"...... "survival" is a spin-off short series that we also do for the network, but it is not in the same vein. We're actually scripting out several episodes of TBD:S that will air during the late summer again this year)

-RJP
    Rob,

Big fan here! It's my second season watching and I love it. I look forward to Wednesday night and I DVR all the shows in the lineup. Very cool!

I had no idea you were a member here, and think that's cool as hell!

Keep up the great work, much respect to yourself, Michael Janich and Michael Bane. Your message and instructional tips are very informative. Great Show!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post

-RJP
    Great to hear from you Mr. Pincus. Your shows are packed with great information and ideas. Keep up the good work!!

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Mic
    great show, unfortunatly I cant get the outdoor channel
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I payed the extra fee to get the Outdoor Channel mainly to watch that show.
    And, glad to say, I was not disappointed.
    Good job, gents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links