Finally a useful video

This is a discussion on Finally a useful video within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought so anyway. YouTube - Drawing a Pistol...

Thread: Finally a useful video

Finally a useful video

I thought so anyway.

YouTube - Drawing a Pistol
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    I thought so anyway.

YouTube - Drawing a Pistol
    Thx for the link, I went though all of his video info in the last 24 hours. Great stuff.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Thanks alot. Instead of getting to bed by midnight, I was up until 2:30am.

So many videos to watch.....

I hate youtube.....

I took his Fighting Pistol class last October and it was great. If anyone gets a chance take his classes.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Thanks For The Very Informative Link And, Video!
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Scope Member
    New York permit
    Pennsylvania Permit
    Florida Permit

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Looks like the standard One-two-three draw to me. Nothing superfly or otherwise mind blowing in this video.

VIP Member
    Good information, especially for those who have not yet learned the draw!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I personally think that draw, while " text book ", is unpractical. When someone is attacking you, or robbing you. You're not going to think " Ok, hand on chest, hand on firearm, pull straight up, rotate arm, hands together, extend, aim, say stop, shoot. lol.. Its going to be, a surprise 99% of the time, and youre going to get your weapon out as fast as you can no matter how you do it... I bet this draw doesn't happen 96% percent of the time, when someone needs to draw their weapon. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BmDubb View Post
    I personally think that draw, while " text book ", is unpractical. When someone is attacking you, or robbing you. You're not going to think " Ok, hand on chest, hand on firearm, pull straight up, rotate arm, hands together, extend, aim, say stop, shoot. lol.. Its going to be, a surprise 99% of the time, and youre going to get your weapon out as fast as you can no matter how you do it... I bet this draw doesn't happen 96% percent of the time, when someone needs to draw their weapon. Just my opinion.
    Thats why you practice...It creates muscle memory, you shoot like you train.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

You'll never get your hand on your weapon if you are in the process of being robbed. Just give them your wallet, watch or whatever. No point in turning a robbery into a murder. Drawing while someone already has the drop on you is T.V. fantasy. Same thing goes for being rushed as the "21 foot rule" seems to support. The video teaches how to draw safely and in the process to follow a set pattern of movement. How many people shoot themselves (in the leg/foot or maybe the supporting hand even) while drawing or for reholstering? I work in a hospital and the answer is more times than you'd think.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

VIP Member
    You're right... I NEVER think about where my hands are going. They just go there!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    You're right... I NEVER think about where my hands are going. They just go there!
    And I'm sure that's because you've practiced... and practiced... and practiced...

As Harryball mentioned - muscle memory.

This reminds me, I haven't practiced enough lately.

Links