Double/Triple tap? awh heck shooting in general

This is a discussion on Double/Triple tap? awh heck shooting in general within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At the range I practice at 7', 10', 15', 20' and 25' when pt shooting, one handed and shooting for accuracy, I'm not the best ...

Thread: Double/Triple tap? awh heck shooting in general

Double/Triple tap? awh heck shooting in general

At the range I practice at 7', 10', 15', 20' and 25' when pt shooting, one handed and shooting for accuracy, I'm not the best shot out there by anymeans but I find my groups are always 1"-2"top left of the bullseye, except when I shoot with one hand. Any suggestions, am I pulling or pushing the gun up and to the left?

Now that I'm comfortable with my g26 I decided to try double taps and I find that at 25' my first shot is well placed but the the follow up shot is about 2-3 inches high of the first shot.
    What kind of grouping are you looking for when practicing double and triple tap? Should I wait longer to let the second round go?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Try printing out error charts like

Error chart shooting image by GaryBF42 on Photobucket

it says you may be pushing or incorrectly following through.

VIP Member
    Do you really want all bullets to go into the same hole? 2 or 3" groups on double taps sounds quite acceptable to me.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

+ 1

Go as fast as you can accurately put the rounds into the "A" zone on an IDPA style target. There is a huge difference between target and combat accuracy. When the groups tighten back up go even a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Do you really want all bullets to go into the same hole? 2 or 3" groups on double taps sounds quite acceptable to me.
    Same hole is o.k. Kind of like shooting a combination in pool. However, putting a round into an already 8" deep wound would increase the likelyhood of overpenetration.

I like to consider the juice can example. You need to make 2 holes to pour the juice and usually on opposite sides of the can. Air in one...juice from the other.

The human circulatory system can be considered hydraulic as well. So make 2 holes to increase blood loss in theory.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nochknstrps View Post
    At the range I practice at 7', 10', 15', 20' and 25' when pt shooting, one handed and shooting for accuracy, I'm not the best shot out there by anymeans but I find my groups are always 1"-2"top left of the bullseye, except when I shoot with one hand. Any suggestions, am I pulling or pushing the gun up and to the left?

Now that I'm comfortable with my g26 I decided to try double taps and I find that at 25' my first shot is well placed but the the follow up shot is about 2-3 inches high of the first shot.
    What kind of grouping are you looking for when practicing double and triple tap? Should I wait longer to let the second round go?
    I wouldn't worry about waiting if the 2nd shot is kept in line even if it's higher than the 1st shot. At the range time doesn't really matter but in real life it could make a huge difference.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Agree, a grouping about the size of your fist at 20-25 ft aint bad
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Agree, a grouping about the size of your fist at 20-25 ft aint bad
    Yep, a fist would equate to a heart, and two or three hits there would be an attitude changer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

thanks guys, still a newb with handguns, anyone got any tips for correcting the up and to the left hits? The error charts says I'm either pushing, anticipating the recoil or no follow through.

Also any good websties to buy targets from, the range has a limited variety, not to mention the mark up on em is crazy. I figure I can save some money ordering in bulk.

For targets...try FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links