Took my first defensive course today...

This is a discussion on Took my first defensive course today... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The local firing range was offering a class in Israeli defensive shooting so I signed up a couple of weeks ago. It was a three ...

Thread: Took my first defensive course today...

Took my first defensive course today...

The local firing range was offering a class in Israeli defensive shooting so I signed up a couple of weeks ago. It was a three hour course. I found the firing from condition 3 and the technique for drawing interesting. The instructor was quick and accurate. I hope to become that adept. We practiced from running to stop and fire, firing from a kneeling position, and pivoting right and left to discharge our weapon. We practiced breaking through a crowd that was fleeing/or being hostile and firing at BG. I know that America is a different environment than Israel(.i.e, not surrounded by close neighboring countries who want to utterly destroy us, at least not yet.) This leads to a different mindset I would daresay. I am just glad to get some training and plan to practice what I have learned and seek out more defensive courses. My apologies for not giving a more thorough review.

2. Remove Ads

Good on you! Training from different sources and instructors will definitely enhance your abilities. Keep up the good work.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Links