Spyderco Cricket for backup

This is a discussion on Spyderco Cricket for backup within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to share a find with forum members. I own several.. Ok alot of tactical knives. I'm always looking for the 4" blade. Thats ...

Thread: Spyderco Cricket for backup

Spyderco Cricket for backup

I wanted to share a find with forum members. I own several.. Ok alot of tactical knives. I'm always looking for the 4" blade. Thats the legal limit, so go big.

I've never given thought (or respect) to any of the smaller knives. Spyderco and Kershaw make several. That said- I found this one on Spyderco's website under new items. It's has a 2.5" VG-10 steel blade and G10 scale handle, weighing in at 2oz.

It's small enough to cary onto an airline with the new regulations, and may be appropriate to slip in a pocket when nothing else is. Given the choice in a life or death situation, I'd rather have a 12gauge shotgun, 10mm pistol, or 4" Benchmade in my hand. But it's a cool little knife and if used properly, could be effective.

One of the pics shows reverse grip. There just isn't enough space between heel of palm and the cutting edge for comfort, but could be done. (I have big paws)
    Attached Images
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

2. Remove Ads

I just picked up a Spyderco Delica 4, FRN Handle, Plain Edge The Delica 4 has a 2 7/8" blade, so legal in most (maybe all?) states. Most importantly, it's legal in MY state, haha.

The Delica 4 I bought is the same one that Mike Janich uses on the "Best Defense" TV show, where he demonstrates various techniques with it. Seems very effective.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Chevy- I've carried the Endura for a long time. When the new model with the Emmerson wave came out- I jumped on it!

Delica & Endura are very similar. Great knife!
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    I wanted to share a find with forum members. I own several.. Ok alot of tactical knives. I'm always looking for the 4" blade. Thats the legal limit, so go big.

I've never given thought (or respect) to any of the smaller knives. Spyderco and Kershaw make several. That said- I found this one on Spyderco's website under new items. It's has a 2.5" VG-10 steel blade and G10 scale handle, weighing in at 2oz.

It's small enough to cary onto an airline with the new regulations, and may be appropriate to slip in a pocket when nothing else is. Given the choice in a life or death situation, I'd rather have a 12gauge shotgun, 10mm pistol, or 4" Benchmade in my hand. But it's a cool little knife and if used properly, could be effective.

One of the pics shows reverse grip. There just isn't enough space between heel of palm and the cutting edge for comfort, but could be done. (I have big paws)
    thats the Dragonfly, not the Cricket. still a pretty cool knife. ive been wanting one for a while

What are these new regulations you speak of? i cant find them anywhere on the TSA website. Everything i can find says knives are still prohibited on carry ons

Buckles: You're exactly right. It's a Dragonfly. I had Cricket on the brain when I was typing.

I was told by a coworker that you could carry a knife if the total length is 7.0" or less. I went to TSA website just now, it states "Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives- prohibited."

I will give it some more research before I start another thread.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c

Buckles: You're exactly right. It's a Dragonfly. I had Cricket on the brain when I was typing.

I was told by a coworker that you could carry a knife if the total length is 7.0" or less. I went to TSA website just now, it states "Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives- prohibited."

I will give it some more research before I start another thread.
    ha. its all good. i just thought i had missed something. it would be awesome if we could carry on planes again.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    ...I went to TSA website just now, it states "Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives- prohibited."
    Hmmm. One could use a Cold Steel Nightshade to spread butter.

Links