Defensive Carry banner

Delica or Endura for EDC

16K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  bobmack 
#1 ·
I am thinking Delica because it seems like the right size for me. Does anyone thing the Endura's extra size is worth it?

Also besides knifecenter, does anyone know any other Premium Spyderco Dealers online?

#2 ·
I have each, either one will do. Completely depends on your use for the knife. General cutting duties, the Delica, also more precise. Maybe some larger duties, such as kitchen detail, I use my Endura all the time. And I bought both of mine off ebay, cheapest I've found.

#3 ·
FWIW,

I've carried a first generation Delica every day for something like 15 years now. Never once have I felt that I needed another inch of blade.

#9 ·
Both are good and I own and have carried both. Of the two, the Endura is the one I carry most often.

#13 ·
I've had an Endura for the past 15 years and tend to carry it more when wearing blue jeans. Because I have to wear dress slacks during working ours I carry the smaller Native. It has plenty of blade but a little less weight and bulk in my pocket. There are a lot of great knives out there but I've never found one I like as much as a Spyderco with it's super easy one-handed opening. I also love the great variety of blades they offer.

#16 ·
I've carried both on and off for years and years. Right now I've got a gray FFG Endura in my pocket. I like the way the Endura fills my hand, and I'm anticipating that it will be a fantastic camp cooking knife. It does seem a tiny bit thinner than the regular Endura.

#28 ·
Favorite knife

This is a fantastic blade, all my expectations for this blade were met. The metal is fantastic, I've had it for more than two months and it is still as sharp as the day I purchased it, and I have no reason to believe it will dull any time in soon. The FRN handle seamless comfort in the palm and the side clip is ideal. The blade also looks excellent and it doesn't look as intimidating (though it can still be used in a tactical way if it must) as other knifes of the same dimension so it doesn't warn individuals. I would buy another in a second but I doubt I will ever need another one!

You can see some good reviews at Spyderoco Endura Blog

You can find a good price for the Endura here

#18 ·
They were awful and I'll never buy from them again. Their website says that stuff is in stock, but often it isn't. When they are out of stock, they will charge your credit card right away, but you may not get your merchandise for two months or more. There's no notice of this practice that I could find on their site. This happened with BUIS for my AR-15 for ~$250. I sent a number of emails but only got an answer when they were about to ship 2 months later. They basically stole my money for two months. The great prices aren't worth the aggravation. Avoid them!!!

BTW, I'm a major Spyderco fan. I have both the Delica 4 and Endura 4 in black FRN amongst a few others. I normally carry the Endura during my off time, but the Delica at work. DC has a 3" blade limit, which would be an issue if I had to go over there during the day. VA doesn't have a blade limit, so the Endura works fine here. Both are great knives - not fancy or exotic, but they work like champs.

#26 ·
My EDC knife is the Spyderco Endura plain blade. Love it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.