I have knife problems.

I have knife problems.

This is a discussion on I have knife problems. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For some reason, i have a knife problem that never quits. I have two knives that I recieved as gifts many years ago and both ...

Thread: I have knife problems.

I have knife problems.

For some reason, i have a knife problem that never quits. I have two knives that I recieved as gifts many years ago and both there pocket clips have either been damaged, or fallen off. One knife is a kershaw assisted opening pocket knife ( 1560st ) that my father gave me. It's branded by snap-on. the second is a boker magnum but im not sure of the model number. I have called both company's and they are both requesting proof of purchase. It sucks to have two good knives just sitting around. I really dont want to get a sheath. I'm considering trading both knives for one single one. I really want a kershaw leek or blur. what should i do?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Maybe check http://www.knifekits.com - they sell lots of clips for their kits and say that these match many production knives as well.

Order some Kydex while you're there: fun stuff to play with!

Welcome to the forum, too - I have had great profit in learning from these folks, and am sure you will, too.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Check out this site...notyourmamasknives.com for the best selection and price. I purchased my 2 Microtech automatic OTF knives from that site.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by jestic View Post
    For some reason, i have a knife problem that never quits. I have two knives that I recieved as gifts many years ago and both there pocket clips have either been damaged, or fallen off. One knife is a kershaw assisted opening pocket knife ( 1560st ) that my father gave me. It's branded by snap-on. the second is a boker magnum but im not sure of the model number. I have called both company's and they are both requesting proof of purchase. It sucks to have two good knives just sitting around. I really dont want to get a sheath. I'm considering trading both knives for one single one. I really want a kershaw leek or blur. what should i do?
    I have not run across that before. I'm surprised, especially from Kewrshaw.

I like my Kershaw Blur, although the Shallot is another good choice - different blade shape. I do not use the pocket clip at all. I prefer to simply slip the Blur into my back pocket.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I would call Kershaw again and ask that how you could get a replacement clip for the knife. I find it hard to believe that they would not at the least, sell you a clip .

Good luck

Just get Kershaws info on the web and send it in. They will take care of you.
    -Eric

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Kershaw has both replaced a knife (Blur) I bought at a gun show (it developed a ratttle, still worked) and sent me parts to repair the lock on my Leek (I could have sent it to them and they would have done the repairs) without any proof of purchase, I just told them where I had bought them. I am very surprised to hear they wanted proof of purchase.

I spoke with a very nice customer rep and I already sent in the knife for service. There also going to sharpen the blade as well.

I have a knife from a tool truck as well, if you know the driver still they shoudl take care of you. But since its been many years might be hard.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Kershaw was very good about replacing the torsion bar that broke on my assisted opening scallion. their website has a page where you can put in your address, what knife you have, and what replacement parts you need. they sent me the torsion bar and some extra screws plus a tool with three tips for disassembly all for free. no proof of purchase was required. i was very pleased with their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by jestic View Post
    I spoke with a very nice customer rep and I already sent in the knife for service. There also going to sharpen the blade as well.
    Just as ericb445 stated above for the Kershaw, you can do the same for the Boker. If you send it back they will fix or replace the knife with no questions asked, german or china made models either one. I just recently sent in a couple of 20+ year old Gerber and Kershaws and received brand new knives from both companies. Gerber even sent my old knife back with the new one. Kershaw also offers lifetime free blade sharpening service and free return shipping, you only pay for one way shipping to them. Nice option for an older knife that needs a new profile regrind.

In my personal experience Kershaw has outstanding customer service. Call them and ask them what to do to get your knife fixed. I can't believe that they won't help.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

God so loved the world he gave his only son...
    Whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

W

Links