My Benchmade

My Benchmade

This is a discussion on My Benchmade within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don\'t remember the model, but I carry a Benchmade. It has a machined and anodized aluminum grip and seems to be be very well ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Benchmade

Rickman

My Benchmade

I don\'t remember the model, but I carry a Benchmade. It has a machined and anodized aluminum grip and seems to be be very well made. I have cut boxes, twine, tape and generally abused this knife without dulling the stainless blade or marring the finish.

DC Founder

Nice Benchmade

I carry a Benchmade, as well. Mine has a tanto blade and a black G-10 laminate handle. G-10 is a medium weave, fabric base, high pressure glass epoxy laminate with 55,000 psi tensile strength and 65,000 psi compressive strength. It was first used, to the best of our knowledge, to make knife scales, by noted custom knife maker Bob Terzuola.

When properly finished it has excellent tactile and grip characteristics as well good thermal insulating qualities. In addition it is approximately 40% lighter than aluminum and is impervious to most chemicals.

Like yours, mine is used to cut alot of different materials and holds it\'s edge very well. I will try to take a picture of it and get it posted.

CHPBill

Tanto Blade

I REALLY like the tanto blade design. My pigsticker is also a tanto design.

DC Founder

Picture of My Tanto Benchmade Folder

I love it :)

CHPBill

Ooooo, I like that

You know the model of that there pig sticker?

DC Founder

Benchmade Model 910 Stryker

Here\'s the official hype:

The Model 910 Stryker; is the latest addition to the Benchmade designer series. The Stryker, like the model 875 Sentinel, is designed by Allen Elishewitz. The Stryker was designed by Allen for those customers who wanted a more user friendly Tanto style blade, and did not need or want a bead blasted finish or a chisel ground blade. The heart of any knife is, of course, the blade and this one is a real winner! The Stryker features a drop point Tanto style blade with a conventional double bevel and a less severe tip angle than most other Tanto style blades. These features make the knife much better for day to day use without sacrificing strength or effectiveness as a defensive edge.As with all of our other designer knives, the blades are ground of custom quality ATS-34 stainless steel, and heat treated to 59-61Rc, which we have found to be the optimum hardness range for this premium steel. Opening is via an ambidextrous disk and the blades are available in plain, ComboEdge or with our new BT2 coating in plain or ComboEdge.The locking and support liners are titanium and there is a black stainless steel pocket clip on the pivot end of the knife. The scales are G-10 laminate. The Stryker is also the first Benchmade knife to offer our exclusive new assembly system utilizing threaded stainless steel inserts, installed into the back scale of the knife to prevent stripping of the G-10 scales.

Specifications:
    Blade length- 3.5\"
    Blade thickness- .12\"
    Blade material- ATS-34
    Hardness- 59-61 HRC
    Overall length- 8.25\"
    Length closed- 4.68\"
    Handle material- G-10 over double titanium liners
    Weight- 3.8 oz.

VIP Member
    The Stryker is a great knife. I gifted mine away and purchased the mini-Stryker, which I carry daily.

I have a benchmade designed by McHenry & Williams. Its a comfortable knife that fits your hand well even when closed. I was loking for a good stone to keep it sharp but they are very expensive. I have a flat cheap stone and use gun oil on it when I sharpen the knife. I know zero about the correct way to sharpen these things.

Im on my third benchmade, had a auto, a pardue, and now Ive got a stryker; all black tanto with half serration blades.

I have a few Benchmades. For everyday carry, I love the 710.
    Once in a while I carry the cute 690.
    I love Mel Pardue\'s designs, as his knives seem to fit my hand perfectly. I have the Benchmade 5000, and a 720.
    Today I have my Christmas gift, a Large Plain Classic Sebenza by Chris Reeves Knives.

I got the mini styker for X-mas!! Good wife :D

I have a BM 705. I\'ve been carrying it for 3 years now,and is my favorite of all time.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Originally posted by Betty
    The Stryker is a great knife. I gifted mine away and purchased the mini-Stryker, which I carry daily.
    These are great knives. My knowledge did not extend beyond Spyderco until my son enlightened me about Benchmade.

I really wanted the Stryker 910---blade length 3.7 inches according to current Benchmade site---but got a 2.9-inch 905 to comply with state and local concealed blade-length laws (3.5 inches max for folder, 3.0 for fixed-blade) and a 3.0-inch rule at my employment.

I clip it in my pocket, so I don't consider it concealed, but I like my shirts to hang out (I must "conceal" the reason why) and wanted to avoid any argument about whether the knife was concealed by the shirt, blade too long, etc.

Now I wonder if there are even better knives than Benchmade. Any opinions?

DC Founder
    Originally posted by lt8tmgya
    Now I wonder if there are even better knives than Benchmade. Any opinions?
    You're probably going to get a number of opinions on this question, but I, personally like the Benchmade more than others I have run across. I'm not sure whether it is "the best knife" but it will do the job :kay:

Lead Moderator
    I was gonna buty a spyderco. Then I looked at a Bechmade.and bought 1. The finissh and quality sold me on it. Now am using a Kershaw. Benchmade still makes a good knife though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links