Your EDC Knife - Page 10

Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Las Vegan Here's the collection: Agreed. Love the Gerber BMF. Been a fan since they first came out in the 80s. Great ...

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegan View Post

Here's the collection:

Agreed.
    Love the Gerber BMF. Been a fan since they first came out in the 80s. Great knife.

Here's the collection:
    Third from the top is the S&W Karambit. I picked one up to use as a trainer to see how a Karambit might fit my training and after making a few adjustments have decided that it's solid enough for EDC. Unlike many more-expensive versions, the S&W has a 3" blade. Practice with the "Brownie pop" open and it's a serious player.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegan View Post
    Here's the collection:
    What's that black one on the bottom? That's interesting.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

My EDC is either a AL MAR SERE 2000 or a Mini SERE 2000. Have some others but they collect dust.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

My current EDC is a Case Sodbuster Jr. It keeps a very nice edge, but is two-handed opener. I used to carry a CRKT M16-10Z which is partially serrated with a tanto tip. Nice knife, but caught the pocket clip at work and mangled it. Plus the angles on it shredded pockets.

Now I am looking at either a SOG or a Benchmade. Spyderco is also in the tops list. Maybe I'll buy a few :D It's so hard to pick just one. Guns and knives can easily make one poor.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I finally got my Benchmade! It is a Griptilian 550SBKHG

This is my EDC.

Benchmade Griptilian Tanto. Kept razor sharp and perfectly legal.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Picture 001.jpgspy_fgkeating.jpg

I like the griptilian just have never purchased one, i keep a CRKT Ignitor T (left) and a Spyderco Chinook 3(right). I use the ignitor for everyday use, and the chinook for my SD.

The ignitor is an assisted opener through the use of pushing the thumb stud down and applying pressure forward, it comes out very quick!

The Chinook has that huge thumb hole that I love, and I can open just as quickly. THe next knife I get is going to be a fixed blade.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
    CRKT M16-14sf. I use it several times a week, but with reserve. I will not use it for everything. I try to minimize to uses that will not dull the blade.
    Yes, awesome knife, most of the Columbia River Knife and Tool knives are awesome. I have that big dog M16 model also. Don't worry about dulling that blade. It does get dull easy but honestly it's just about the easiest knife in my collection to sharpen fast as well. I hit it with the Lansky medium diamond stone then the fine then hone it with the Arkansas stone and it's razor sharp.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Benchmade 3.5" Axis folder. Use it for everything.
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

Just picked up a CRKT M16-01Z and so far I love it. I was torn between it and a SOG Twitch II, which I still really want. Maybe next month I'll pick it up.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I carry a McHenry & Williams pre-production Benchmade in my pocket for general cutting, a Benchmade Snody on my belt in a handmade open top leather sheath and a CRKT Turtle on my keychain. Didn't realize I carried so many until I thought about it.

I carry a ZT 0300 all the time. I also carry a Cold Steel Recon 1 that I use for cutting everything from mail, boxes, etc. I have a Cold Steel Spartan that is stashed in my back pack along with a Gerber razor box knife, a SOG folder plus other misc stuff.

For years I carried a Cold Steel XL Tanto point Voyager, really great knife. However, two years ago I noticed a Benchmade Ruckus online, and I've been hooked ever since. It's a tad big and heavy...but that's what makes it sturdy. As I carry it all the time, I don't even notice the weight anymore. Additionally, I've got one of those Wilson tactical lanyards attached...just in case I ever need parachute cord. (what can I say, I was a boy scout).

Correction...after reading about everyone's EDC, I went to the link for what's legal in your state....oops...!!! I've been carrying illegal for two years with my Benchmade Rukus. Here in Kansas we're only permitted a 4" blade and the Rukus has a 4.25" blade. Kind of ridiculous that I can carry a concealed pistol, but by damned..I can't carry that knife because it's .25 of an inch too long. I've tried to find a mini-rukus, but they apparently aren't making them right now. So, I've picked up a McHenry's and Williams Benchmade folder, with a blade no longer than 3.90".

Seems to be a very nice knife...but, if anyone runs across a mini-rukus...send me a email.

Thanks,

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Links