Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gonkrzy Correction...after reading about everyone's EDC, I went to the link for what's legal in your state....oops...!!! I've been carrying illegal for ...

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gonkrzy View Post
    Correction...after reading about everyone's EDC, I went to the link for what's legal in your state....oops...!!! I've been carrying illegal for two years with my Benchmade Rukus. Here in Kansas we're only permitted a 4" blade and the Rukus has a 4.25" blade. Kind of ridiculous that I can carry a concealed pistol, but by damned..I can't carry that knife because it's .25 of an inch too long. I've tried to find a mini-rukus, but they apparently aren't making them right now. So, I've picked up a McHenry's and Williams Benchmade folder, with a blade no longer than 3.90".

Seems to be a very nice knife...but, if anyone runs across a mini-rukus...send me a email.

Thanks,
    Sounds like a 710D2 to me. I recently bought one and have been very impressed so far. Let us know what you think of it after a bit of carrying it, please.

2. Remove Ads

You are correct, it is a 710D2. It just seems so small compared to the Rukus. I hate not being able to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    What's that black one on the bottom? That's interesting.
    That is the Delta Dart by Cold Steel. Eight inches and only half an ounce.

As noted in my reply above, I was carrying a Benchmade Rukus...a real monster of a blade, but as I was reading all of your posts I read one that listed a website that explains whats legal to carry in everyone's neck of the woods. Checking out Kansas, I find that my favorite knife is a quarter inch too long. I've been carrying illegal for the past two years. So, yesterday I run out and purchase a Benchmade 710D2...a very nice knife...but, it isn't a Rukus. So, today I've been all over the internet looking for the mini-rukus, only all sites stated no longer available or discontinued...sux. So tonight, I'm messing around and start searching again, and I found a site that actually has a few of them in stock. I've now got the mini on my way...yeah...!!!

Anyone interested in a very strong knife check it out at http://www.thefind.com/sports/info-rukus-knife

My daily EDC's are
    BK2 strong side
    Kershaw OutLaw
    Boker SubCom money carried as money clip right pocket
    Ken Onion Chive on keychain
    Becker Necker hidden
    When I leave the homestead I leave the BK2 and wear the Kershaw Outlaw strong side.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I carry a Spyderco Paramilitary.
    CVarner likes this.

I just got my Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese in the mail today, it is going to be my off word EDC knife, I normally carry a G10 Tyrade but I am about to send it back to Kershaw to repair the clip and sharpen the blade.
    Gen 3 G19 ~ Gen 3 G19 OD ~ Gen 3 G34 ~ PT 738 ~ M&P 9mm ~ Ruger 22/45 4" bull barrel ~ Marlin 60~ PSA M4 Carbine ~

Benchmade stryker and various spyderco models
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Harbor freight special... Sturdy, sharp and holds an edge nicely.
    Attached Images

You guys have some nice knifes, I carry a boker and my little aluminum buck that I've had forever. My old boss made the other straight knifes, not an edc, yet ?

2000_0101cruisencamaro0005.JPG

rson63: I used to have an auto like the one in your picture just under the bowie. I loved that knife... Still can't figure out who ended up stealing it from me! lol

Mine...

usually it's one of those 2. I have a few more, but these 2 are my faves. One is a Spyderco Endura 4, and the other is a Applegate-Fairbairn Covert. I love em both...
    --Kevin
    Daily carry: Government 1911
    TN Permit holder, NRA Certified RSO
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away. Don't be reactive, be proactive" - Kevin Miracle
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I have quite a few knives, but usually carry a KaBar Dozier folder, 3" spear point. Sometimes when I'm out camping I carry an Endura 4 FFG (we can only have 3.5" here, so it has to be for recreational use only), sometimes a Buck or Case or Boker stockman, but my Buck 110 is a big favorite. Technically too long, but you see them everywhere here, and as long as you aren't playing the fool LEOs generally don't blink an eye at them.

i have a drawer full of knives! growing up on a farm i have carried a knife of some type since a kid! in KY you get a concealed deadly weapons license so its not just for a gun it includes knives and such too!! so when i got it 9 years ago i started carrying a benchmade auto(afo, mini reflex) but with a little training i came to learn how to open a reg folder just as quick! and with the autos if you pocket carry you have to clean all the time!! so i switched to a(first gen) blackhawk crucible! this is a hunker of a knife and fills good in the hand!! it is my edc and sd knife only! at work a carry a razor knife of some sort(always finding a new one i like) and use it for all things cutting but flesh!! then i found the blackhawk bewarned and bought one! lighter then the crucible and just a wicked ass blade(warncliff style blade) great slasher! all of my benchmade autos and reg folders have tooken back seats to these 2 knives! the most comfortable and best i have carried! i have a tdi as well but dont carry no more! but wanted another fixed blade to carry as a second knife when not working for retension purposes! and enter the tops california cobra! this thing is wicked fix blade and it is on the way!! should get it by this friday! so the 2 blakhawks (mostly the crucible) and the tops cal cobra will be my primary carries! and a bad habit of mine is that when i find a gun or knife i really like i get 2 of them for a spare just in case( you never know) so i have 2 of the crucibles and the bewarneds and if the cal cobra works out will have another in a few weeks!! sorry so long winded guys but i am a big advocate of knives and knife SD! it is another great tool to have and a lesser lethal option then a gun! and i can always have a knife on me no matter where i go but a court room! so i truly beleive they are a high priority in my everyday carry and self defense!!!! stay safe out there guys!

TVJ

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Links