Your EDC Knife - Page 18

Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC is a HK Auto (3" blade) When I have a sidearm I carry a Ka-bar TDI LE on my weak side :D...

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

My EDC is a HK Auto (3" blade)
    When I have a sidearm I carry a Ka-bar TDI LE on my weak side :D

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Kershaw Skyline and Boker Subcom. Kershaw sees most of the slicing tasks but if I gotta really work something over (IE prying) the Subcom steps in.

IMG_20110618_013402.jpg

IMG_20110528_140504.jpg

sweet...My new EDC blade came in today. LOVE it! CQC-15

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ Oh, that's an awesome combo. I'm drooling.

I really fancy a 9mm EMP, having shot my friend's just last November. I have a Silent Thunder Slim II for my alternate-carry Kahr PM9, and my EDC blades are Waved Emersons (a customized Mini-Commander from a Suspect friend of mine that I carry on the weekdays, and another customized full-sized Commander I carry on the weekends [because it's, well, just a little less Sheeple friendly , and I don't want to raise too many eyebrows at work]). Occasionally, I'll carry on my off-side the folding-karambit "mate" for my weekend Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    ^ Oh, that's an awesome combo. I'm drooling.

I really fancy a 9mm EMP, having shot my friend's just last November. I have a Silent Thunder Slim II for my alternate-carry Kahr PM9, and my EDC blades are Waved Emersons (a customized Mini-Commander from a Suspect friend of mine that I carry on the weekdays, and another customized full-sized Commander I carry on the weekends [because it's, well, just a little less Sheeple friendly , and I don't want to raise too many eyebrows at work]). Occasionally, I'll carry on my off-side the folding-karambit "mate" for my weekend Commander.
    Thanks man. It seems great minds think alike, haha.. Got any pictures of your mini and full size together? I would like to see the size comparison...
    A commander was actually my first choice. And I also wanted a CQC-7, so I guess this one was a compromise between the two.

I have a Silent Thunder Slim II for my alternate-carry Kahr PM9, and my EDC blades are Waved Emersons (a customized Mini-Commander from a Suspect friend of mine that I carry on the weekdays, and another customized full-sized Commander I carry on the weekends [because it's, well, just a little less Sheeple friendly , and I don't want to raise too many eyebrows at work]). Occasionally, I'll carry on my off-side the folding-karambit "mate" for my weekend Commander.
    - I also carry an Emerson Combat Karambit (customized framelock) on my weak side.

SANY2176_resize.jpg

My normal EDC is an Emerson CQC-10 (customized framelock).

SANY2087.jpg

^ Oh, double-drool.......... That's just awesome.

Who did your conversions? They look really, really good.

I've tried carrying other knives, but I keep coming back to the Emersons.

------

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    Thanks man. It seems great minds think alike, haha.. Got any pictures of your mini and full size together? I would like to see the size comparison...
    A commander was actually my first choice. And I also wanted a CQC-7, so I guess this one was a compromise between the two.
    I think the 15 looks *great*. If I were still active in the hobby, I'd get one, for-sure.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've currently got no way to upload pictures - our old desktop, the computer which I've been using to upload pictures to (and thus has all the camera software) puked its power unit this past Saturday night.... I've searched my backup external hard-drive for any old pictures that I may have had the two together, but I don't have any. I'll try to remember to bring home my card-reader from work tomorrow, and upload a picture that way.

Be warned, though...I suck at taking pictures, and what's more, the customization of these two knives may also throw off their "visual" scale a bit. I'll put down a Dollar-bill, though, so that you can get a more accurate idea.

^ Oh, double-drool.......... That's just awesome.

Who did your conversions? They look really, really good.
    - A pimper by the name of Nathawut. He's on a few different knife forums. He does incredible titanium framelock conversions.
    TSiWRX likes this.

No kidding! It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

----

TRUST8383, I've taken my pictures with an even older camera, and dug up an old card-reader and uploaded it! The technology I've used goes all the way back to 2001. FTW!!!

So, in addition to my embarrassment at being a horrible photographer, I also have to be embarrassed about there not being a single Dollar-bill in the house that's nice and flat.

The MiniCom has a 2002 production date, and was purchased for a song from Suspect Big Wave Dave, who was the one that did the work on it. He blasted blade (he tried to remove the serrations, too), textured the panels, flamed the liners, and gave the little knife a new backspacer with some file-work. The Skull clip was something that none of us could resist, and is something I have on all of my Emersons. It's nothing as spectacular as tokerblue's conversions, but then again, it truly cost but a song, from one Suspect to another, and it was never billed as anything more than a true user.

The full-size - as well as her mate - was customized by Shawn Thatch. A 2003 blade (SN 4202), the blade was blasted per my request. Liners were jeweled and a hefty "skull crusher" backspacer installed. A similar "smasher/spike" spacer solidifies the ring on the mated folding-karambit. Again, nothing spectacular: Thatch was just beginning back in those days (so were guys like Coogler), and he made these to fit my needs, as true working knives.

Of my Emersons, I no longer own my ECA HMMV-K or the Lethal Edge set (IIRC, my SN was 002).

I still own Suspect (my long ago friend) JTW's "Grey Ghost" customized production folding-karambit, as well as her mate, an Eric Blair re-ground Commander. Neither of these are going anywhere.
    Attached Images

TOKER- the frames on your knives look Gorgeous! wow!
    TSI - I'm diggin the tiger stripes on the blade and the skull crusher spacer! Is that spacer or something like it commercially available or is all that custom made?
    The mini isn't that much smaller. I'm glad I got the full size, but I'm sure the mini is better for not scaring the sheeple, lol.

TSI - I'm diggin the tiger stripes on the blade and the skull crusher spacer! Is that spacer or something like it commercially available or is all that custom made?
    The spacers were custom-made replacements, at the time. I've honestly been out of the hobby for about 5 years now, so I can't say with any certainty that their may or may not be similar aftermarket pieces available - I do apologize.

The mini isn't that much smaller. I'm glad I got the full size, but I'm sure the mini is better for not scaring the sheeple, lol.
    Yep, the tiger-stripes tend to make people give me the evil eye. It's strange how much smaller the Mini seems, "live." I think it's because it is just "one size smaller." It's like the full-size got shrunk in the wash or something. Certainly, there's not *that* much difference with them (I aligned the Wave hook, in the photo), but as with most things concealed-carry oriented, any little bit plays a role in helping that out.

I carry a gerber 06 automatic, first EDC and prob my last=)
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

I carry a benchmade LUM 154cm half regular blade half serated flesh only.. also a cheap S&W for mundane task.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

I carry one of these CRKT Hissatsu or Hissatsu 2. Both are Assisted openers.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

RKM
    sweet...My new EDC blade came in today. LOVE it! CQC-15

Wow, I really like Emerson's "round" Tanto blade. I wish I could afford one!

Sponsored Links