Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've since picked up a ZT 0350....and it's awesome!...

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

I've since picked up a ZT 0350....and it's awesome!
    Attached Images
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

My new daily carry, a Strider DB-L. At .250 thick like my VB, this thing will take apart whatever I need to, which is my primary reason for carrying this. I'll keep a nice folder in my pocket for more precise cutting, either my Benchmade or a Strider SnG CC..

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Here's a couple better pics...

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

RKM
    Great pictures Jon. I've considered carrying a small fixed blade. But my Griptilians aren't easy to give up. How do you carry them?

I have a Spyderco Manix on the way to throw in the mix. I've been wanting a Spyderco for awhile... and I must admit, I choose the Manix because it resembles a Griptilian I just love my Benchmades.

Here are two of my Griptilians. I think I might have posted these awhile ago, they're pretty old pictures... I also have a Mini-Griptilian I use primarily for work use. I'm hard on knives at work.

I love my Emerson CQC-15. I wish I could afford to spend the money on more Emersons. I'd like the Emerson Roadhouse

My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Great pictures Jon. I've considered carrying a small fixed blade. But my Griptilians aren't easy to give up. How do you carry them?
    I carry it on my left side beside my spare mag(s). For this side Strider, or the smaller version, there's also a great inside the waistband sheath that's even tuckable as well as having a notch on it for pocket carry. It's from Buy Brown and available on MonkeyEdge as well.

There's a video posted there too. I've carried them horizontally as well, but I just prefer it on my support side and I have it set up for a reverse grip.

This one came with a Kydex sheath that's a bit more robust than the standard me, so I'll likely order that one I mentioned. I got it Thursday and have carried it since then under a t shirt.

RKM
    I've wanted an ESEE Izula, but the knife carry laws in PA are so vague it's hard to tell what's legal and what's not. So I normally just stick with manual folders with a wave or zip-tie.

benchmade-5300-presidio-auto-tanto.jpg

This Benchmade was presented to me by 'Mrs.Clause' last Christmas. I'm not a tanto-blade person myself, but SWMBO'd got for me and it's a great knife!
    I've got a few other Gerber's and a very old, well-worn Sprydco as well, but this new Benchmade is my 'baby'!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    2nd Gen CS Recon-1, tanto, partially serrated. Not fancy, but a good strong knife.

RKM
    Got my my "fixed blade" I've been wanting. Now the problem is, I don't think carry of a fixed blade is legal here :(

So I just carry these...... (not the OTF... auto's are illegal for carry in PA)

Hey buddy, where in PA are you? The knife laws vary by municipality so you may be good.By the way, I grew up in Greensburg, about 40 miles east of Pgh while my summers were spent in L.A.

So, if you good to go, you can ditch the little toy knives and get yourself something a little more manly. just sayin'

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Hey buddy, where in PA are you? The knife laws vary by municipality so you may be good.By the way, I grew up in Greensburg, about 40 miles east of Pgh while my summers were spent in L.A.

So, if you good to go, you can ditch the little toy knives and get yourself something a little more manly. just sayin'
    Central Pa, across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg. That's the bad thing, anytime you enter a new town, the law might be different, and amongst most, fixed blades aren't legal as well as auto's. But I mainly only have auto's as novelty, I don't carry them because I don't see a major advantage over manual or spring assisted knives. It's easier to carry a knife that's excepted anywhere you go, which is why my "toy" Griptilians are my main and favorite to carry :)

I hear ya, that sucks man.

Last edited by jonconsiglio; April 9th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    SOG Trident Black Tini w/ Serrations.

Easily concealed, sharp, fast w/paracord lanyard attached
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Links