Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LongJohn6284 Anyone have any experience with the s&w m&p assisted folder...it looks like a sweet knife...could be good for edc Smith & ...

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohn6284 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the s&w m&p assisted folder...it looks like a sweet knife...could be good for edc

Smith & Wesson Grey MAGIC SWMP6 Spring Assist Knife, Black Plain Blade
    I had a bad experience with my S&W folder not a holding an edge worth a squat. However, that was over 10 yrs ago and I've heard several good things about their new offerings.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

2. Remove Ads

I generally rotate between a Benchmade Mini Presidio Ultra and a Spyderco Delica.

Best Knife I've ever owned, the Benchmade Mini Rukus
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post

Russell, and 649

I like that A.G. Russell. And I know I've complimented you on the 649 on another forum.tom. ;)
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST

An update on the EDC I got for my Birthday back in October that I reviewed here. I have used the bejeezuz outta that bad boy daily for anything that needed cutting and it still feathers paper, and shaves hair off of my arm. Even gender confused city yuppies think it is purdy and non threatening. I am one happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Sure enough, the key was in my other pocket! I'm joking... There was a situation on the other side of that door 3 o'clock Saturday morning. My niece was on the other side, who has made some horrible choices in men. There's a warrant out for the ex now.
    Any new identifying marks or scars on that ex?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

RKM
    Just got an Emerson Horseman

Have recently REALLY been diggin' Spyderco's.

I really feel like I need a Benchmade knife with these requirements: 3.75" 154CM or S30V thumbhole blade, G10 grips and an axis lock. Unfortunately no such thing exists. If They'd just made a Griptilian with G10 grips I'd be happy. They told me if they did, it would raise the price of the Griptilian towards $200. I'd still pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I really feel like I need a Benchmade knife with these requirements: 3.75" 154CM or S30V thumbhole blade, G10 grips and an axis lock. Unfortunately no such thing exists. If They'd just made a Griptilian with G10 grips I'd be happy. They told me if they did, it would raise the price of the Griptilian towards $200. I'd still pay that.
    - The Mini-Onslaught is 3.45", but it meets your other requirements.
    746 Mini-Onslaught Product Detail
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - The Mini-Onslaught is 3.45", but it meets your other requirements.
    746 Mini-Onslaught Product Detail
    A friend of mine has the full sized Onslaught. And as cool as it is, and it is G10, it's not the rough, textured G10 that I want. I know, I'm picky. I want G10 like Spyderco or Emerson's have. Benchmade Does offer a few knifes in rougher G10, but I don't like ay of them.

Actually, Benchmade DID make a knife that met my needs. But it's now discontinued and people feel they need to sell them for a premium price of $300+.... The Benchmade AFCK Axis. I hate Benchmade for discontinuing this knife before I had the chance to buy at least two of them

I've been searching around to see it it's possible to swap blades on a Griptilian and an Hk Snody Axis. It looks like it can be done, but I'd hate to buy a $165 HK Snody just to find out it doesn't work. The Griptilian, sheepfoot thumbhole blade in the G10 grips of an Hk Snody Axis

If Emerson could some how incorporate an Axis lock in one of their waved knives, it'd be all over. Benchmade has worked with Emerson before. If they'd share the Axis-lock design, I'd be in heaven.

A friend of mine has the full sized Onslaught. And as cool as it is, and it is G10, it's not the rough, textured G10 that I want. I know, I'm picky. I want G10 like Spyderco or Emerson's have. Benchmade Does offer a few knifes in rougher G10, but I don't like ay of them.
    - I also like the very grippy G10 textures. The 2012 Emersons have a great texture to them. If you join a few of the knife centric forums, you can find a "pimper" who can texture the existing scales or create new grippy G10 scales for your knives.

If Emerson could some how incorporate an Axis lock in one of their waved knives, it'd be all over. Benchmade has worked with Emerson before. If they'd share the Axis-lock design, I'd be in heaven.
    - That would also be my ideal knife. I'm not a huge fan of liner locks, so I had my EDC Emersons converted to framelocks.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I'll take a frame lock everyday over an axis lock. I've owned a number of axis lock Benchmades, but a frame lock feels more secure to me and locks up even tighter with a good grip.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

SOG twitch XL. Use it for prettymuch everything. I sharpen it about every couple of weeks, sometimes more often. Holds an edge really well. Sometimes when not going to work I carry a Boker Kalashnikov automatic. Good cheap automatic... flesh only.

RV Harold

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I just carry some simple folders (30-60 bucks each). I can't comprehend how someone can spend over $100 on a folding knife, I've had expensive ones but gave them to a friend of mine a few years ago who collects them. I found that some of the $50 are just as good quality as the $200 ones, just without the brand names.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Lately, i've been carrying my Emerson mini commander & m&p shield. Perfect light combo. :)

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    SOG Trident Black Tini for EDC fast, sharp, easily concealable.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Links