Your EDC Knife - Page 3

Your EDC Knife

This is a discussion on Your EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M16-14ZSF and M21-14SF. The M16 is a Tanto blade w/partial serrations and the M21 is drop point also partially serrated. The tangs will help keep ...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your EDC Knife

I have 2 CRicKT's in my pocket!

M16-14ZSF and M21-14SF. The M16 is a Tanto blade w/partial serrations and the M21 is drop point also partially serrated.

The tangs will help keep your hand from sliding onto the blade if you hit something hard, and, they enable you to flip the blade open very fast. I've been practicing hooking one of the tangs onto my pocket when I draw it out and this flips the blade open. I have Buck, Benchmade, Kershaw, Boker, Schrade, Ka Bar, Gerber, Spyderco, and many others but the CRKT's I believe are the best design for defensive knives.

I noticed on 'The Unit' , 'Snake Doctor' flashed a CRKT M16 like mine. (I know it's TV don't lecture me)

I carry 2 knives as well. 1 for everyday cutting chores and 1 for SD.

Chore knife: Buck Metro.

SD knife: I just sold my Emerson CQC7BW BTS to buy a Benchmade 5300 SBK. 2 weeks later and I am second guessing my decision.

Benchmade Mini Ambush or Benchmade Vex
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I carry a Buck that is intended for everyday usage and defense if needed.

If you don't abuse the blade, it doesn't take much to keep it very sharp. A couple of passes over the sharpener once a week or so, and all is well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Cold Steel Ti-Lite 6:

"It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I carry a Carson M16-14SF, Carson M16-10KZ, Leatherman Wave, and the Leatherman Squirt (Radio Shack edition). They tend to do everything I ever need to do around work, home, or out and about.

The Carson's open very quickly with the hilt flippers on the back side. The 14SF is really my defensive blade with the 10KZ being an absolute backup and everyday blade. The only thing that sucks is the full hilt on the 14SF, it wears on clothing quickly. I have holes in all my pants on that side, but hey, it is a full hilt and I can't complain about that. It's also a gift from my little bro from his service in Iraq.

crkt crawford and kasper

spyderco endura4 ffg

I carry a kershaw scallion auto-assist

I carry a Model 2550 - Mini-Reflex™ Auto. It fits my hand well and meets my needs quite well.

It's not carried mainly as a weapon, but in a pinch it'll do just like anything else in my reach.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

SOG flashII working blade and is a work horse.....fullsize TDI weak side Kershaw leek always handy as a third.....and a Bark River gents knife just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    I carry a Model 2550 - Mini-Reflex™ Auto. It fits my hand well and meets my needs quite well.

It's not carried mainly as a weapon, but in a pinch it'll do just like anything else in my reach.

Holdcard
    I carried the same knife for years and years while I was a LEO, but I moved on to another job and auto knives are strictly ILLEGAL here for us regular folks.

It broke my heart because using that knife had become second nature. I've tried my Spyderco, a couple Gerber knives and I'm currently trying a Sog Flash II, but nothing feels like my Benchmade.

I was looking at getting an Axis Benchmade of similar size and weight, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've been tempted to carry the Mini-Reflex anyway, but knowing my luck, I'd have to use it in SD and all my legal defenses would be out the window if I used a prohibited weapon. Not worth the risk, even if I am comfortable and proficient with it!
    Last edited by bigworm; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Spyderco Delica (usually 2). Use it on occasion for lightweight utility tasks.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I EDC a HAK on my weak-side & don't use it for reg. cutting tasks. I also carry a folder clipped to my strong-side pocket & "usually" use it. It's usually an Elishewitz Cortex or an Emerson CQC7, sometimes something else.

I also EDC a slip-joint for those times when I'm around quite a few people & don't want to draw attention to myself.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

ZT 0300 is the EDC for me lately. Used to be a Kershaw/Ken Onion Blur, but decided to upgrade a few months back. Also have always kept a SAK on me for every day chores like box cutting, fixing stuff around the house, etc... The ZT is for "emergency purposes".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links