Sog Seal Pup Elite

Sog Seal Pup Elite

This is a discussion on Sog Seal Pup Elite within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone come into contact with this knife in particular? Im interested in getting the black witht the TiNi coating but dont know if i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sog Seal Pup Elite

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar

Sog Seal Pup Elite

Has anyone come into contact with this knife in particular? Im interested in getting the black witht the TiNi coating but dont know if i should get a straight edge or serrated, because the straight looks like the top is serrated. Thanks for any imput.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Like this one??
    Attached Images
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    No that is the seal pup, not the elite. They revamped everything about the seal pup and it seems amazing. Havent heard a bad review.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

I sell SOG knives and am a huge fan. Either one you go with will do you right. The seal pup is an awesome knife. I know the one you are talking about with the "serrations" on top, I believe its more like jimping not so much like a serrated blade. Like I said, any pup you get will serve you well either as a fighter or field knife. Good luck.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

yeh

Yeah I just got one the other day. It's an awesome knife, only problem though is that I can't conceal or open carry in my area.

I carry the SOG Pentagon Elite and I can open it as fast as a switchblade with the flick of my thumb. SOGs are smooth, durable and balanced.

It is carried concealed most of the time (Fl concealed weapons license). I like the Shark Tooth tip and textured grips. I will likely grab another SOG from the Navy Exchange Retail Store. They are some of the best knives available.

A little late...

I don't know if you decided to get it or not, but I have the sog seal pup elite and it's a great knife. It's very sturdy, gives you an average grip on it and holds a great edge. It also has ridges on the back side of the blade which allows the blade to function as a saw. Alot of people on the internet talk trash about it because it's made of aus-8 steel (alot of those people don't own the knife), but with proper heat treatment it's a good steel to have on a knife.

But I didn't like a few things, one being the sheath. The knife comes with a nylon sheath and you have the option of getting a kyndex; get the kyndex. The nylon sheath works, but the buttons that clip the knife and molle attachment spin and feel like they're going to fall off. Also, the knife is suppose to be corrosion resistant because supposedly, Navy Seals favor the knife (and spend alot of time in salt water). But I put my seal pup in the sheath while it was wet, left it in my closet over night and found a bunch of rust spots on the blade. I don't know if I just got a lemon, or if it matters to you, but it's something to think about.

The seal pup is made in taiwan, and the printing on the knife makes me frown a little bit. The quality is definitely there, sog makes great, quality knives and this one is no exception, but If you're one of those guys that likes to have America on everything, you're probably not going to like the knife.

But I don't know if it's a good knife for self defense, it's more of a survival knife. It looks very tactical-like, and carrying it (if it's legal to carry fix blades in public where you are) could cause a problem if you run into a police officer having a bad day or if you ever have to defend yourself with it.

I bought one for my son when he graduated Infantry school. When I realized it was made in Taiwan, I kept it and got hin a made im Amercia K-Bar.
    pittypat21 and Warrior23 like this.

It may be made in Taiwan but any Sog Seal series knife will beat the pants off of a comparable sized KaBar with exception to maybe the Becker line.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Sog Seal Pup Elite

I carried my Seal Pup everyday for 15 months--wet, dusty, etc. I did NOT baby this knife--it lived on my vest. A light coat of oil is what it required. Take care of your gear...it will take care of you.
    Last edited by SIGguy229; June 20th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Im not saying that they are bad knives. I just like the made in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo41909 View Post
    Im not saying that they are bad knives. I just like the made in america.
    I completey understand I own quite a few American made KaBars myself. Problem is KaBar is also starting to have some of there products made in Taiwan. Before long they may outsource most of there products to Taiwan. Up until recently most SOG's products were made in Seki Japan but the have outsourced a good chunk of there line to Taiwan.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Here's a pretty decent review of the SOG SEAL Pup Elite.

ZOMBIES!!!! RUN!!!!!
    pittypat21 and thephanatik like this.

Oh look! Another thread resurrection! Talk about on a roll. I've seen more resurrected threads on the forum this week than new posts!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links