COLD STEEL knives .. free DVD - Page 2

COLD STEEL knives .. free DVD

This is a discussion on COLD STEEL knives .. free DVD within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a few CS knives. Vaquero Grande, Prolite folder, The Spike shown above. Two of their smaller folders, the shovel, two tomahawks and a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COLD STEEL knives .. free DVD

I've got a few CS knives. Vaquero Grande, Prolite folder, The Spike shown above. Two of their smaller folders, the shovel, two tomahawks and a ready edge, plus the little keychain folder. I have abused the heck out of the Vaquero for nearly 6 years. Used it for everything from prying out industrial staples, to sawing off tree limbs. They do go a bit over the top when it comes to "we're the best", but I have to say, they make a top notch product.
    The Vaquero saved me from a nasty fight in CA. At the time, it was my EDC. Working Loss Prevention in a bad area, and a guy I was after pulled a boxcutter and started slashing. I backpedaled and pulled the Vaquero. One look at the six-inch recurved blade, and he dropped the boxcutter and beat feet. Sure was glad I had it.
    But I digress. Good knives. While I may never abuse my knives like Lynn Thompson does, it's nice to know they could take it if I chose to.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

I have to say that Cold Steel is definitely one of my preferred knife brands. I own a few myself and use them quite a bit. I've never had a complaint about them and neither has anyone that I know that carries one.

The video was impressive but I have to say that the advertising could do without the comments. Just watching the testing that the blade goes through is enough for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocnerd
    I just bought my first cold steel knife and really like it. It was only $25. I'll stick to my benchmade for the regular knife work, but if I ever need to use a knife in self defense this one will do nicely.

Now that's a good looking little tool! Are you going to carry this as a "neck knife"? Just curious.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Anyone got their Dvd yet i haven't

Lead Moderator
    Yeah I got one.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I've got the DVD (but I haven't watched it) and I have a coupld of Cold Steel knives. I'm prett pleased with them, but haven't really put them through any torture tests, so I don't have much with which to compare them.

I just received the free DVD...it is pretty impressive and damn fun to watch. Some of the tests are repetitive....but hey...still cool. I definately woudn't try a lot of the stuff at home. Punching a folding tanto through a steel car hood could rendor your hand USELESS if your hand slipped down to the blade. Remember, folks....In tact tendons are a good thing for proper motor function.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Now that's a good looking little tool! Are you going to carry this as a "neck knife"? Just curious.
    I don't know about Rocnerd, but you can carry it neck, IWB, with straps on a leg or arm. Pretty versatile sheath (though I'm still no fan of the IM sheaths) . The Spikes are pretty cool, the pics don't show it, but it has a heavy triangular profile. Very "stabby".

you know i would agree that his constant mine is bigger than yours stuff is a little much...i wish they would do video's torture testing more stuff like that so you REALLY know what you are getting when you buy stuff. wouldnt that be great to get a video of them crashing the car you are looking at buying? or anything like that for that matter? i think it would be a great sales device. Not too many people are willing to show the abuse their product can take becuase a lot of the stuff today just cant take it. Nice to see one that is not shy about it and willing to show them broken and battered =O) a little truth in advertising.

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but I am watching this, and with very little offense intended to Mr. Thompson, I've finally figured out why he makes me want to laugh. I know, I know, I'm terrible, but for some reason when he puts on his frowny "I'm a badass" face and poses with a ninja sword while wearing tight little shorts I have to giggle. But anyway, has anyone seen the BBC show "The Office", with Ricky Gervais? His character (David Brent) is almost a body double, and almost everything I thought was funny in Brent is there in Mr. Thompson.

And here's the video of the actual dance, of which the above image is a snippet:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AKpybGYozeE

Anyway, sorry Mr. Thompson, I bet you make awesome knives and swords, certainly lots of ones I can't afford, and the video was impressive, and I certainly wouldn't want go up against you with an edged weapon, but there is an uncanny resemblence, at least I think!

OK, I'm getting a lot more humor out of this video than they intended, I'm sure...in the "Sword Proof" video, one of the martial arts demonstrators had this little chestnut to say, verbatim:

"I'd like to remind you that if you are interested in learning about martial arts, seek professional help."

Hehehe! I guess a proofreader was out of the budget!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links