Getting Crazy Busy With His Blade

Getting Crazy Busy With His Blade

This is a discussion on Getting Crazy Busy With His Blade within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unreal! .... 100 Police Officers called to the scene & 11 Ambulances needed to take away the injured for a 17 year old PUNK KID ...

Administrator

Post Getting Crazy Busy With His Blade

Unreal! ....100 Police Officers called to the scene & 11 Ambulances needed to take away the injured for a 17 year old PUNK KID with a knife.

One CombatCarry member & a GLOCK could have handled this situation.

Teen with knife injures 27 in Berlin

Last Updated Sat, 27 May 2006 1659 EDT
    CBC News

Twenty-seven people were injured in Berlin when a knife-wielding teenager went on a rampage.

Large crowds and narrow streets hampered ambulance crews trying
    to reach those injured by a knife wielding teenager.
    (Associated Press)

The random attacks happened late Friday as people were leaving a mass celebration to inaugurate a new central railway station in the German capital.

None of those attacked had life-threatening injuries and there were no children involved, police said.

A 17-year-old youth was arrested in connection with the attacks. Police said they had no motive for the stabbing's, but said the teenager was known to them.

Attacked in narrow street.
    Police said people were attacked as they walked down a narrow street in the heart of the capital.

About 100 police officers were called to the scene. As well, 11 ambulances were dispatched to take the injured to hospital, although many people went to hospital on their own.

Fireworks brought huge crowds to mark the completion of Europe's largest railway station in what once was "no-mans-land" between East and West Berlin.

The attacks marred the celebration for the new station, which took eight years to build and is said to be the biggest railway station in Europe.

The new station will link railway lines in the north and south of the capital with those in the east and west.

"It is a modern, open building, symbolic for Berlin and for Germany," said German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who took part in the opening ceremonies several hours before the attack occurred

VIP Member
    One guy (or gal, no offense Betty) with an NAA .22 could have handled that. But nooooo, can't have a gun, someone might get hurt... duh...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    I wonder if that will be the excuse to follow UK thinking and ban knives!

Gotta think tho re use of a firearm - that would have been a very tricky scenario with so many people around. Great care and skill could tho have ended that punk's escapade fairly quick.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

yep One member with 45 could have finished it a lot sooner

Administrator

Chris P95Carry

I am totally shocked by the sheer number of knife attacks in G.B. these days. The #s seem pretty staggering.
    No Guns & the killers make it "More Personal" & use a knife.

QK -- I have no idea, of course, but I wonder whether the number of knife attacks has gone up or if the press is just really reporting every one of them these days to support the "no knives" position.
    Looks a lot like the gun control stuff that came out before the assault weapons ban, when it sounded from the media like there was an AK on every streetcorner....

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    yep One member with 45 could have finished it a lot sooner

One rule of firing a weapon is knowing where the projectile is going to end up. It would seem to have been impossible to have fired a 45 or anything else in a crowd compact enough for one knife wielding villan to have injured twenty seven people and not endangered innocent bystanders. One can not fire into a crowd and expect the bullit to stop without penitrating and passing through the perp. No clear shot comes to mind.

Theres a lot of variables that one would need to know to say for sure if a handgun would be the right tool for the job, but im almost %100 sure that if this punk would have come up against someone with a decent size folder he would have re-thought what he was doing. I always carry for protection but I never forget that I have a sharp piece of steel in my pocket as option 2 if a shot is too risky.

There's gotta be more to it...

Anyone who has spent any time in Germany can tell you the easiest way to get yourself maimed is to mess with the POLIZEI

?????

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    agree with weeg if you mess with the man in germany they have a tendancy to beat the crap outa you if not shoot your dumb a-- atleast thats the take i got from a coupla german guys i worked with

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    You would have thought the “packed crowed” would have stomped this guy.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief

One can not fire into a crowd and expect the bullit to stop without penitrating and passing through the perp. No clear shot comes to mind.
    Have you not heard of hollowpoints? They are designed to go into the body and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    One guy (or gal, no offense Betty) with an NAA .22 could have handled that. But nooooo, can't have a gun, someone might get hurt... duh...
    One of those to the chest or head you wouldn't have to worry about over penetration at all
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

Links