Kershaw Blur S30V thoughts?

This is a discussion on Kershaw Blur S30V thoughts? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Buckles S30V is a pretty hard steel. the diamond rods will make sharpening much easier. the sharpmaker is very easy to use, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kershaw Blur S30V thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
    S30V is a pretty hard steel. the diamond rods will make sharpening much easier. the sharpmaker is very easy to use, and the instructional dvd is really helpful.
    I said I was planning on using a DMT diamond hone, so are you saying that a Sharpmaker/Lansky rod will sharpen faster than a DMT hone? It is my understanding that DMT has the higher quality diamonds here and it also has more surface area, both of which are factors that would contribute to DMT sharpening faster. So are you just suggesting I stick with something diamond (as already planned), or are you specifically advising that I not use DMT for some reason?
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the good deal. I say use what you feel comfortable with. I use lansky croc sticks and have no problems. Never sharpened S30V. I have also heard the sharpmaker is really really nice. I looked over the "I wanna have cool toys" hand book and there was nothing that said you couldn't have more than one sharpening system. lol :)

Good luck, I agree that if you are using the blade as a SD blade you won't need to sharpen it alot, unless you cut a whole lot of people. Stay safe and get some training.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

I have both nice expensive knives and the ones with the zytel plastic grips that have good steel but ok liners and locks. I end up carrying my low cost SOG Flash II more than any of them because it's light and the clip is easier on my uniform pants pocket and best of all I can knock a quick edge on it no matter how dull I get it. If you wan't a great knife look at the SOG line of assisted openers. They are in-expensive also. I have a Kershaw Ken Onion design assisted opener I carry a great deal also.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links