Spyderco Endura 4

This is a discussion on Spyderco Endura 4 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; WOW! I love this knife! I got it about week ago. I originally purchased a cold steel recon 1 (that's not in my "man purse") ...

Thread: Spyderco Endura 4

Spyderco Endura 4

WOW! I love this knife! I got it about week ago. I originally purchased a cold steel recon 1 (that's not in my "man purse") because I wanted something to replace my skyline. I wanted something that would be a bit better in a emergency defensive situation and the lock up on my skyline was beyond horrible. So after a lot of research I decided on the endura 4 and I couldn't be happier.

Value is fantastic. It cost me right around 40.00 which is what I paid for my skyline. Because you clip is positionable on all four corners I was able to eliminate the deployment issue's that I have had in the past with larger blades. I was nervous about the spyderco thumb hole as opposed to having a thumb stud but it work's great.

The knife is extremely light for a blade of it's size at3.4 ounces. It's quick to deploy and came WICKED sharp out of the box. I could shave with it if need be. My favorite feature about it is the size. It's large enough that if I have to employ it in a defensive situation I don't feel "under knifed" but it's small enough to still use for EDC. I whipped the endura 4 out in front of people to open boxes and no one gave it a second look. When whipped my recon 1 out in public people looked at my like I was a serial killer.

Overall this thing is fantastic. Well priced, good size and weight and extremely flexible in application.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    WOW! I love this knife!
    Me too. The Endura4 is one of my favorites. I carry one every day.

Now, you need to get yourself a trainer.

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/endura4...eneddrone.aspx

The 4th Generation Spydercos are some of my favorite folding knives. They are good and study, easy to keep sharp, and feel good in the hand. Next time try one out with the wave feature.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Wow, $40 is a great price for that knife. I have a Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara that is very similiar to the Endura. Great knife for $20. Ive been looking to upgrade to the Endura to add to my collection. Been looking on e-bay. I like the black combo edge. OK you talked me into it... gotta go buy it. Bye
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I own about a dozen Spyderco knives and have never an a quality issue with any of them. In my opinion that are an excellent value.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Wow, $40 is a great price for that knife. I have a Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara that is very similiar to the Endura. Great knife for $20. Ive been looking to upgrade to the Endura to add to my collection. Been looking on e-bay. I like the black combo edge. OK you talked me into it... gotta go buy it. Bye
    !
    I've got the one with the black g10 handles. It's not combo edge but its freakin SWEEEEEEET!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have one of the original Enduras (has the belt clip molded into the handle) and have carried it for over 20 years. I have learned to hook my middle finger under the clip, press down on the lock and open it with a flick of the wrist; faster than any switchblade or butterfly knife.

Love my Endura!!!!!

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Glad you like it! Spyderco makes one heck of a knife and their continual product improvement business model has certainly made the Endura one of their flagship models for the entire company. You're pretty hard pressed by any company to do better than an Endura in the bang-to-buck ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I have one of the original Enduras (has the belt clip molded into the handle) and have carried it for over 20 years...
    I carried one of those for a few years until I snapped the clip off on a seatbelt. I now carry a Delica because I have to keep blade length under 3 inches, but both the Delica and the Endura are fantastic knives.

I am fond of the Endura also. Radio Shack sells a bit kit for $10. that has all the proper size driver bits for relocating clip and adjusting blade pivot tension. When I got it where I want it I put a drop of blue lock tite on the threads.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

It's a great knife

I have an Endura 4. Love it. However, I prefer the Delica for EDC. I recently returned from a trip to Spain where I handed out a number of Spyderco Delicas as gifts.

I don't recommend the Wave version of either the Endura or the Delica as someone suggested. It limits penetration depth, can be the source of snags, and doesn't really help in "real" SD situations involving the use of a folding knife.

Enjoy the Endura!
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

nice choice ! rollo

im looking to update my edc knife currently edcing a camillus lev-r-lok
    thinking of some to retire the old boy
    here are some of my choices

spyderco endura 4
    benchmade nitrious styker
    gossman psk
    zero tolerence 0300

all great knives but can decide lol
    Last edited by cervantes; August 27th, 2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: misspelling

Endura 4 makes a great EDC. It was mine for several years, occasionally swapped out with a Delica 4 for areas w/a 3" blade restriction. Recently I've moved to a Stretch ZDP-189 CF now for EDC with a Terzuola Slipit for more restrictive areas. Spyderco makes an incredible line of high-quality choices that fit every need and budget, and their customer service rocks. Can't go wrong w/a Spyderco!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Just picked up a black Manix2 a couple days ago, to add to my collection of Spidercos. NICE knife. Not as long as the endura, but wider with a "stockier" feel. And it has jimping in various places around the liner that sticks out slightly beyond the G10 which gives it a super grip.
    Gotta love the Spidercos!!!

Links