SOG Knives - Opinions - Page 3

SOG Knives - Opinions

This is a discussion on SOG Knives - Opinions within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bluedog You're making a mountain out of a mole hill with the Reservist thing. I disagree. The Veterans’ Employment and Training Service ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SOG Knives - Opinions

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog
    You're making a mountain out of a mole hill with the Reservist thing.
    I disagree. The Veterans’ Employment and Training Service of the Labor Department referred the serviceman’s complaint to the Justice Department upon completion of its investigation. Investigation.

By it's very nature, this tells me that the action taken by the company against the reservist was sanctioned by all echelons of the chain of command. If it were merely the actions taken by one individual, my guess is that the company would have distanced themselves from him/her and made things right. But it appears that the investigation proved otherwise. If there were other circumstances involved, I'm sure they would have been discovered and the proper merit assigned to the validity of such. Regardless, it seems such an argument had no bearing on the outcome.

Mountain out of a mole hill? Naw. I care very little about any quality product when there are other products out there that meet or exceed it.

And those are the companies that get my dollars; Not the companies who are morally complacent and disregard the rights assigned to our servicemen and women by law.

my $.02
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Damn! I just bought a SOG knife yesterday at the gun show in Las Vegas. Had I known, I would have held off. Its a nice knife. but I could have done without, and found something else. I do hope that this turns out to be a personnel issue with the individual, and not their policy on returning vets.

Politics Aside. SOG makes Great Quality Knives. Period.

Politics NOT Aside. What, did they sell out to the French...? lol...
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Sorry its not politics. Its ethics. Pure and simple. They made an unethical decision and didnt make it right till they were faced with Criminal charges then they did what they should have done. Hell they talk about being there for the military, sell to the military but put money before doing what was right. Hell the last time I was mobilized, I lost half my salary. Over 40K for one year. Yes they make great products, but I do not support unethical people or companies.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Administrator
    Oh...so we have to wait until their team of lawyers concocts a double speak official statement?

How about the president of the company just growing a set of orbs & offering a quick public apology. That sure would do it for me.

Sorry but, they can temper their blades where the sun don't shine until some person of authority at SOG clears this up.

Just my opinion that if it's really nothng...then it should be quite quick and easy to clear up the misunderstanding.

How am I wrong about that?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links