Comtec Stinger

This is a discussion on Comtec Stinger within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I've used some google-foo and discovered I like the Stinger, it looks like it could be effective and couldn't hurt to have it ...

Thread: Comtec Stinger

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Comtec Stinger

Okay, so I've used some google-foo and discovered I like the Stinger, it looks like it could be effective and couldn't hurt to have it on the keychain as another defensive option.

My questions:

1. Does anyone know legality issues (I can't seem to find out any information. In Virginia, brass knuckles are illegal, but I'm not sure if they fall under that category legally or not? I also wonder if "plastic knuckles" IE Alpa Innovations JawJacker would be legal?)

2. I can't seem to find any seller online that carries a keychain sheath for it? I've seen pictures, and I like the idea of quick deployment out of a keychain holder and where/how I carry my keys it could be incredibly fast demployment. Anybody know of any good place to get those?

3. Anybody here have it? Opinions/comments on it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Ads

Hey
    1. just got back from virginia beach (holliday) Just like anything alse HAVE AN EXCUSE ie I live in canada (no ccw) so my excuse for having a axe on my cars dashboard is I am paranoid about getting trapped inside the car. When really it is their to cut a car jacker in half.

Possible exuse for the stinger:
    massage tool for joint pains
    ancienct letter
    chinese letter
    just a key chain

2. I carry it in my hand with my keys when I think I will need it (after all its just a key chain)

3. Love it! Its so effective. All the force of your punch is behind a small point.

Guitar, have you used your Stinger to defend yourself?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I was looking at this:

http://rivercitysheaths.com/stinger_sheaths.htm

I like the keychain one, I'd shorten the chain though.

I ran across several forums discussing the stinger, and a couple folks tryed to carry them on planes and the TSA security officials knew it was a weapon.

Guitar: Have you punched anything with it? Is it comfortable to hold with keys attached directly to it? My concern and why I considered the sheath is b/c unfortunately I have more keys than I care to admit on my keyring. (I don't have anything other than the keyring, and a caribiner b/c I attach it to a beltloop.)

The Stinger was featured in an FBI document used by the TSA to identify weapons likely to be found in screening. Stingers don't have a non-weapon use that is credible. I used to use a Choate Mfg Executive Ice Scraper. It was a keychain sized ice scraper which could be used like a stinger. Tough to use in the summer but easily explained in the Fall and Winter.

Links