This is a discussion on Comtec Stinger within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I've used some google-foo and discovered I like the Stinger, it looks like it could be effective and couldn't hurt to have it ...
July 26th, 2010 02:10 PM
Okay, so I've used some google-foo and discovered I like the Stinger, it looks like it could be effective and couldn't hurt to have it on the keychain as another defensive option.
1. Does anyone know legality issues (I can't seem to find out any information. In Virginia, brass knuckles are illegal, but I'm not sure if they fall under that category legally or not? I also wonder if "plastic knuckles" IE Alpa Innovations JawJacker would be legal?)
2. I can't seem to find any seller online that carries a keychain sheath for it? I've seen pictures, and I like the idea of quick deployment out of a keychain holder and where/how I carry my keys it could be incredibly fast demployment. Anybody know of any good place to get those?
3. Anybody here have it? Opinions/comments on it?
Thanks in advance!
July 27th, 2010 12:23 PM
1. just got back from virginia beach (holliday) Just like anything alse HAVE AN EXCUSE ie I live in canada (no ccw) so my excuse for having a axe on my cars dashboard is I am paranoid about getting trapped inside the car. When really it is their to cut a car jacker in half.
Possible exuse for the stinger:
massage tool for joint pains
just a key chain
2. I carry it in my hand with my keys when I think I will need it (after all its just a key chain)
3. Love it! Its so effective. All the force of your punch is behind a small point.
July 27th, 2010 07:54 PM
Guitar, have you used your Stinger to defend yourself?
July 27th, 2010 08:13 PM
I was looking at this:
I like the keychain one, I'd shorten the chain though.
I ran across several forums discussing the stinger, and a couple folks tryed to carry them on planes and the TSA security officials knew it was a weapon.
Guitar: Have you punched anything with it? Is it comfortable to hold with keys attached directly to it? My concern and why I considered the sheath is b/c unfortunately I have more keys than I care to admit on my keyring. (I don't have anything other than the keyring, and a caribiner b/c I attach it to a beltloop.)
August 1st, 2010 12:43 AM
The Stinger was featured in an FBI document used by the TSA to identify weapons likely to be found in screening. Stingers don't have a non-weapon use that is credible. I used to use a Choate Mfg Executive Ice Scraper. It was a keychain sized ice scraper which could be used like a stinger. Tough to use in the summer but easily explained in the Fall and Winter.
By jhfox462 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
Last Post: October 1st, 2008, 10:23 PM
By edw8ri in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: April 13th, 2008, 01:37 AM
By Dojo in forum Related Gear & Equipment
Last Post: September 11th, 2007, 10:48 AM
By ann in forum Defensive Knives & Other Weapons
Last Post: December 20th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Search tags for this page
choate executive ice scraper
comp tac stinger
comtech stinger for defensive carry
comtech stinger forums
comtech stinger legal
comtech stinger legal pa
comtech stinger legality
comtech stinger sheath
comtech stinger tsa
Click on a term to search for related topics.