Need flashlight recommendation - Page 2

Need flashlight recommendation

This is a discussion on Need flashlight recommendation within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quark tactical line by 4sevens, u can have two immedite options. Loosen head, and tighten the head. i set the loosen for strobe, and the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need flashlight recommendation

Quark tactical line by 4sevens, u can have two immedite options. Loosen head, and tighten the head. i set the loosen for strobe, and the tightend for max..no confusion just hit the button.

VIP Member
    I'm also a SureFire fan 'just because' so I simply decided on size and went from there. Currently, I have the 'Back-Up' and I like it although it's a bit slippery. I would love to try the T1A although it's a tad higher than I can currently justify.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Surefire is WAY overpriced. Go with Fenix. They make great lights alot less $ than Surefire. Look at the TK-10. Doesent have a strobe, but a great light at a great price. These lights are so bright, if you put these in someones eyes, they aint seeing nothing. IMO the strobe is not really needed.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I bought a tactical light and mounted it on my HD shotgun. It's 125 lumen and has strobe. It came with two end caps, one with a remote pressure pad and flexible cord and one with a regular tail cap. I mounted it so that I can unscrew it right out of the shotgun mount and put the regular end cap on and carry it. I got it for $49 ordered through Amazon.com. A member here, SigP250, recommended it to me and it's been awesome. The threads with links are in the defensive rifle and shotgun threads. The strobe feature is debilitating in the dark. You can see what's going on fine from behind the light, but when it's pointed at you it really disorients you considerably. You don't have to use it, but it's nice to have that option. Sometimes just a slight distraction is enough to give you an advantage. It's easy to operate too (one of my criteria).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I'm also a SureFire fan 'just because' so I simply decided on size and went from there. Currently, I have the 'Back-Up' and I like it although it's a bit slippery. I would love to try the T1A although it's a tad higher than I can currently justify.
    i dont understand why surefire made the back up smooth like that, but try some grip tape, i have gaffer tape on my slipery lights

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Surefire is WAY overpriced. Go with Fenix. They make great lights alot less $ than Surefire. Look at the TK-10. Doesent have a strobe, but a great light at a great price. These lights are so bright, if you put these in someones eyes, they aint seeing nothing. IMO the strobe is not really needed.
    Tk12 has a strobe mode

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I would recommend Olight or EagleTac. If you wanted something to run off of AA's, then the Quark AA2. But it won't have the strike bezel and I wouldn't put it on a gun. The Olight and EagleTac I carry and have on my long guns. I have both the old and the new versions of them and can't really say anything but good things about them, and I've abused them quite a bit. Not sure what your price range is, but dropping $100 for a good flashlight is a no-brainer to me. Sorta' like spending at least $400 on a handgun. It's something you WANT to do and should.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

have and carry everyday 1 of 2 surefires! the smallest is the e2d executive defender it has i think 80 lumens and at a half inch longer is my e2d led defender witch is 200 lumens high and 5 low!! i got it for the 200 and the low 5 option when i dont need to blide somebody!! maybe a little over priced but one of the best warrenties in the bizz and great CS! mine both have he strike bezels on the lamp end and buttom cap end! stay safe later
    The only way to beat Violence, is with Violence!

Quote Originally Posted by psychophipps View Post
    Just a quick question for the more knowledgeable folks out there. What is so bees knees about a strobe function for a tactical light? My experiences with them in night clubs just points to them being more of a pain as you get the bright flash lighting them up and then a blank period where they can change direction and you won't see it starting and end up way behind the curve reacting to it. Had my share of collisions on the dance floor because of this.

Mind educating me here?
    the strobing in my mind is for more military and LEOs,that would have to restrain and arrest, then self defense! the way the strob helps is that if you are standing 20,30 or whatever feet away from your attacker and you have to restrain or capture(LEOs) them if you hit them with the strobe light they can not tell that you are moving in on them and therefore you can get up t othem and grab them before they you are on them! as with a reg light (not strobbing) you can tell when somebody is walking up on you! the strobe disrupts your vision so much that your depth perception is gone and therefore cannot tell you are being advanced on!! hope this helps!! later
    The only way to beat Violence, is with Violence!

Lightbulb

I have BOTH Fenix & Jetbeam brand flashlights. Look them both up on the web. Awesome lights and they will do exactly what you want. Super bright professional lights.
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    SureFire
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Fenix P3D... I also have the LD01 for EDC that stays in my coin pocket and is about the size of a chapstick, but has impressive lighting. I take the P3D with me when going out at night. The Fenix line is cheaper than surefire, but top quality
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I've got a Fenix O light and PD30. Both of them are very good. The PD30 is brighter and a bit larger. I have an older model without some of the newer bells and whistles.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

+1 on the Fenix lights. My edc is the PD30 and I keep a TA21 on the night stand. High quality lights.

Look at the Novatac 120T it has the Strobe feature you are looking for as well. http://www.batteryjunction.com/120t-o.html
    They are pretty nice, I have the 120e
    My goto light is still the Surefire E1B it is such a great light.

I carry the Streamlight Stylus. Slim, easy to carry in a shirt pocket, great light and runs on regular batteries.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links