Fixed Blade EDC

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade EDC within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wondering what others carry. I am looking for a fixed blade 3" to 4" blade for EDC, I was looking at RAT and Dozier and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixed Blade EDC

Fixed Blade EDC

Wondering what others carry. I am looking for a fixed blade 3" to 4" blade for EDC, I was looking at RAT and Dozier and thought I'd see what everyone else was carrying if anything. I have plenty of folders but am looking for a good fixed blade.

thanks
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

2. Remove Ads

I don't carry a fixed blade but if I did I would take a serious look at the ESEE Izula.

The Izula is one I've been looking pretty hard at. I've also looked at that KaBar, but the angle of the handle looks a little funky to me. I love fixed blade knives, but finding one that is as easy to carry as a folder is kind of a tough order. When I was young I carried a fixed blade about the size of an Izula, and it worked out very well for me for a number of years.

Ka-bar TDI couldn't be easier to carry. I carry mine strong side appendix and it dissappears.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Due to bad timing on my part, I just missed out on being able to purchase a Cold Steel Kobun. That would be my choice for a fixed blade. The Ti-Lite, however, has proven itself to be a solid companion. A fixed blade offers unbreakable strength and is always "open" so on the draw it's ready for action.

EDC knives, as with firearms, require some thought and you can't have everything. A solid folder can be just 6 inches in length closed, but it gives you a foot-long weapon when deployed. This is a serious tool.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I have found the Spyderco Street Beat to be the best all-around small fixed blade knife I have come into contact with at any price point. Top-notch steel, excellent fit and finish, phenomenal ergonomics that work in every grip type I've tried including inverted-edge methods, excellent customer service from the maker, and it's absolutely gorgeous. You can wear this knife in everything from your grungiest t-shirt and shorts with flip-flops to your best three-piece suit and it won't look out of place in your hand. A serious tool by a serious knifemaker at a seriously low pricepoint if you look around.

You won't be disappointed, I promise...

hbc
    Take a look at the Lone Wolf Trailmate. It comes with a nice horizontal (leather) sheath and is a very well made knife.

Senior Moderator
    Another vote for the Ka-Bar TDI but mine is straight edge.

Administrator
    I'm not much of a MOD fan, but I've always likes their "razorback" for a fightin knife.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I appreciate the replies folks. I went digging around a couple of knife sights and ordered a Tops Shadow Tracker, but I really like the looks of the Lone Wolf Trailmate, may have to get that one as well.

Thanks
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

if you are looking for a mostly SD blade take a look at the kalista from blackhawk! i carry this knife as a neck knife when i just have a t shirt on or any other shirt for that matter that i dont have tucked in! i carry it on a neck chain! it is so flat that it just disappears under a t shirt!! it is a awsome cutter! it has been my reg fix blade knife for a while now! but that will change when my calfornia cobra arrives from tops!! the one i like the best will be my fixed edc!
    The only way to beat Violence, is with Violence!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e4gulf View Post
    Ka-bar TDI couldn't be easier to carry. I carry mine strong side appendix and it dissappears.
    ^^^^^^^

Strong side Kidney... also dissapears, I prefer the straight edge though... no serrations for me.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

TVJ
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Emerson La Griffe, the J Frame of the knife world.- George

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links