Defensive Carry banner

OC wipes & OC grenades

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob72 
#1 ·
Was planning on ordering a few of the OC wipes that help you clear the pepperspray more quickly from your face, etc., and came across the "grenades."

What about carrying a couple of these in the car? Have to check my Fla rules, but.....

#3 ·
I had to get sprayed to be certified to carry it.
It was NOT the best time of my life.:gah:

Wanna know what we used to "kill" the effects ?

Coke.

Thats right...Coke. We had a few 3 liter bottlels of the stuff just for decontamination purposes. After you wallowed and flopped around like a headshot turkey for a few minutes, they took a washrag and poured Coke all over it and let you wash your face off with it.

Apparently something in the Coke has a neutralizing effect on the spray. Seemed to work pretty well and it's cheap.

BTW...thats a "trade" secret. Dont tell anyone I "told" you...:image035:

#7 ·
Like every tool, it has strengths and weaknesses. Would it have been a good thing for someone in Reginald Denny's shoes? Yep. Best choice for HD? Not without some serious pre-planning.

Someone linked the vid with the teen-thugs in CA, not long ago. The Fox bombs would be a BOB thing, to me, and great for moving people away from an area you can throw towards. If you seal a BR door with tape/towels, you could deny access by fogging a hall, also. Fox did have a version that would accept a little tube, to direct it under doorways, into windows, etc..

#8 ·
BOB thing?

Was thinking more about being in a situation like in that Vegas video of the "organized group of youths" beating up on the guy. Or when you were outgunned or didn't have enough bullets to share around.

Guess they might guess if you have a mask hanging from your beltpack....

#10 ·
profshadow said:
BOB thing?

Was thinking more about being in a situation like in that Vegas video of the "organized group of youths" beating up on the guy. Or when you were outgunned or didn't have enough bullets to share around.

Guess they might guess if you have a mask hanging from your beltpack....
Bug Out Bag. Yeah, fits with the Vegas scenario. Frankly, I can put up with gagging, tearing, and stumbling blindly as long as most everyone else around is. Better than having a boot party thrown for you....:gah: Again, this is area-dispersal- I'd use it to move people away from an area, or deny a closed passageway (stairwell, etc..), while I was moving away. Pitch a couple out of the car, and roll your windows up, to keep from getting mobbed/rolled, that type of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.