Keychain weapons other than spray..

This is a discussion on Keychain weapons other than spray.. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As with any of these impact weapons it is important to select a vunerable target and to hit that target with whatever weapon (including your ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keychain weapons other than spray..

Cool

As with any of these impact weapons it is important to select a vunerable target and to hit that target with whatever weapon (including your hands or any other part of your body) you are using and continue to strike those targets until the threat is eliminated. Do not make half hearted strikes. Expect to be hurt. Expect to win. Never give up.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Do consider the ASP Street Defender.

This is a pepper spray, but the delivery mechanism is a kubotan-like weapon so you have the ability to escalate upward. Like the keychain lanyard thing mentioned above, you can use the ASP as a keychain flail, as a kubotan, and as a straight CS weapon. So it's several tools in one.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Instructions for the monkeys fist for the DIY types. I have one on the end of a spiral braid for my flashlight. Mainly for something to grab as it's unweighted. But if I wanted to swing the light to strike something it would keep the lanyard from slipping out of my hand. I may have to look into making one with some added weight to it.

http://www.animatedknots.com/monkeys...matedknots.com
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

The Monkey Fist is catagorized as a slung shot and is often specifically prohibited, just as black jacks.

I have a pocket stick. But that paraflail is looking like a better idea.

On the other hand, I did spend most of my life using just the keys as my weapon.
    Elevate those guns a little lower. - Andrew Jackson
    Interested in concealable weapons: improvised designs, safe & legal.

I had a monkey's fist, now i have my keys on a warn winch strap. I figured i would use the fist to sling the keys now the strap gives more length to it.

Paraflail

Shortly after Mercop showed some pictures of his Paraflail, I begame intrigued with the idea. I'm not near the craftsman that he is, but using the same braiding/knot-tying, I fashioned one about 8-9 inches long with a carabeener clip on one end and a replacement chain link on the other (the kind with the threaded end and nut that screw shut) that holds my keys. When out walking around, the carabeener is clipped to my beltloop so I don't have to dig in my pocket for keys.

Thanks for the idea George! First the cane, now the paraflail! All I'm lacking now is a flat-top!
    sixreagans

"I've read the whole thing from Generations to Revolutions and I like the part about the loafin' and the fishin' the best."

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the length of the monkey fist leads me to believe you could just as easily be striking with your fist or open handed and do more damage..and guantes is right about adding weight to the ignition switch...i replace too many ignition lock cylinders that are overloaded with keys and baubles...and a piece of steel that size is going to way a bit more than just a few keys...

a kubiton can be carried in the pocket or hand and during a battle the potential loss of or damage to your keys which will start the car that will carry you away from the event if you survive is eliminated...

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    This why I keep my keys separate. One set for the car and the beeper dongle and the other for everything else. I think that I will be getting me one of the paraflails for my non-auto keys here pretty quick. Strikes me as being pretty dang effective and I'm a complete knot retard so I really can't make one of my own.

One thing the Paraflail does is eliminate catagorization as a weapon.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I can't really determine if I like the MonkeyFist or not. Doesn't seem like it'd be effective, steel ball or not. I definitely dont like anything that involes meleeing the actual keys, my wifes Toyota keys pretty dang expensive to destory! (It has the remote buttons to unlock/lock the car, and the transponder chip that has to be programed. ) My Ford just takes a regular ol' key I had cut at K-mart, so I'm not worried about that or any other keys.
    Last edited by Ghettokracker71; October 5th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

The more experience one has with a sap or bj, the more at home they would be with a Monkey Fist. In experienced hands, I assure you, it can be effective.

If I have to resort to using my keys as a weapon I'm not going to be worried about their condition. Not if it's come down to that.

The problem with most impact weapons is that when people panic they swing way outside the silhouette of their attacker. The closer they are the wider they swing. The natural reaction of the attacker will be to put his arm up to block. Once your weapon is caught up it is pretty worthless. The primary strike with the paraflail is like snapping a towel up and under the chin. The center line is harder to defend. And hopefully they will have their tongue between there teeth talking smack when it makes contact. Using any kind of a roundhouse swing limits your target area to your front. With the backhand snap you can really cover more angles. I hang a tennis ball on a piece of parachute cord in the garage to practice. I am pretty good and can judge my striking distance within an inch. Ask my kids what I can do with a bandana. The biggest problem with people who only shoot and are into other training is that they usually lack timing and distance when it comes to contact distance threats. Same thing with the cane, I know exactly how close I need to be to strike. I can stand with my left foot forward to draw you in, by stepping forward my right foot I can get 3-4 more feet of striking distance. People respond to and track the first movement, which is my foot. Just when you realize you should not be watching my foot, you feel the cane crack you under the chin or the side of the face. Again, timing and distance, timing distance, did I mention timing and distance.- George

The tennis ball on a string is an excellent training tool. I use one swinging to practice finger jabs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links