Keychain weapons other than spray.. - Page 4

Keychain weapons other than spray..

This is a discussion on Keychain weapons other than spray.. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 I can't really determine if I like the MonkeyFist or not. Doesn't seem like it'd be effective, steel ball or not. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keychain weapons other than spray..

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I can't really determine if I like the MonkeyFist or not. Doesn't seem like it'd be effective, steel ball or not. I definitely dont like anything that involes meleeing the actual keys, my wifes Toyota keys pretty dang expensive to destory! (It has the remote buttons to unlock/lock the car, and the transponder chip that has to be programed. ) My Ford just takes a regular ol' key I had cut at K-mart, so I'm not worried about that or any other keys.
    Here's the thing, you hold the keys and swing the ball. That is a tight little knot, containing several ounces of steel. There is no give on the part of the fist, it is solid.

Now, look at the knot itself, the chord is tightly wound, so, impact is in very small areas, several at once, which concentrates the energy, and is multiplied by the leverage of the lanyard attached... I have gotten the thing stuck in a solid piece of mahogany.

It will easily decimate occipital bones. There are many small, light bones and processes (like tunnels through bone) near the eye, the monkey fist can cause severe and irreparable damage very quickly.

This is not an offensive weapon, is for defense only. Last ditch type thing. Not a perfect weapon, but very effective if employed correctly.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

this will revive my Zombie thread. anyone have one of these ?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tnumber=797180
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    The Monkey Fist is catagorized as a slung shot and is often specifically prohibited, just as black jacks.
    What would you call a roll of nickles tight fisted in a gloved hand?
    Works well.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I like the Cold Steel Mini Pal. It's very light and very sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    What would you call a roll of nickles tight fisted in a gloved hand?
    Works well.
    That is a good question. A roll of nickels, in and of itself is not a weapon. It would not be metal knuckles as the metal is not actually striking, used in the manner you describe. I have for a long time carried a roll of quarters when flying, in case I need something from a vending machine. When local and out in the evening, we have a lot of cold weather so I just wear my "gloves".
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    ASP Key Defender. Keyring,OC spray and kubotan combination.

http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/td...R_BLACK_W_HEAT
    Same here. Absolutely love it.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    That is a good question. A roll of nickels, in and of itself is not a weapon. It would not be metal knuckles as the metal is not actually striking, used in the manner you describe. I have for a long time carried a roll of quarters when flying, in case I need something from a vending machine. When local and out in the evening, we have a lot of cold weather so I just wear my "gloves".
    In a tight pair of leather driving gloves, a roll of any coins, Quarters or smaller in the fist can add a considerable amount of punch to your punch in a self defense situation.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links