Makeshift weapons.

Makeshift weapons.

This is a discussion on Makeshift weapons. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Feel free to give me some of your experiences dealing with whatever makeshift weapons you have had to use. Even if you dont have an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makeshift weapons.

Makeshift weapons.

Feel free to give me some of your experiences dealing with whatever makeshift weapons you have had to use.

Even if you dont have an experience where you had to use a normal something as a weapon,feel free to leave us some ideas as to what would be the preference to grab when there are no options left with a carry gun,whatever the reason may be for that happening.

I had something happen at work a few months ago.I walked into the office (i work at a junkyard) carrying a big turbo.A guy was standing just inside the door holding a knife at my bosses neck.The perp turned around at me,and i hit him in the head with the turbo.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    These are the makeshift weapons that I can quickly think about:

- You Car/Home Keys placed in between your fingers to be used as brass knuckles
    - A Pen used as a knife/poking weapon (better if it's a tactical pen)
    - A Baseball Bat
    - A Golf Club
    - A Crowbar
    - A Tire Iron
    - An Umbrella
    - A Cane
    - A rock
    - A brick
    - A pipe
    - A Flashlight (best if it has a striking bezel)
    - A sock full of spare change or a billiard ball
    - A folded magazine/car rug
    - A billiard cue
    - A glass bottle
    - A frying pan
    - A tow chain

But most importantly, the deadliest make shift weapons are your hands, your knuckles, your feet, your arms, your elbows, your knees, your legs, your head and your teeth. If you learn how to use your body for self-defense (Krav Maga, Karate, Boxing, etc.) you can inflict a lot of damage to an attacker (of course, unless he is armed with a handgun or a knife).
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

A strong belt with a big heavy buckle.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Everything is a weapon that you can put your hands on. The one that I have had to use in a pinch is a tightly rolled up magazine. It gets very hard and can be used for striking or jabbing. The best weapon is a prepared brain.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTMO View Post
    Everything is a weapon that you can put your hands on. The one that I have had to use in a pinch is a tightly rolled up magazine. It gets very hard and can be used for striking or jabbing. The best weapon is a prepared brain.
    I forget which movie, I think it was a Bourne movie, he was in a hand to hand fight and grabbed a rolled up magazine and used it for a few strikes. I was like "wait... wut?" Use what you can, I guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    These are the makeshift weapons that I can quickly think about:

- You Car/Home Keys placed in between your fingers to be used as brass knuckles
    - A Pen used as a knife/poking weapon (better if it's a tactical pen)
    - A Baseball Bat
    - A Golf Club
    - A Crowbar
    - A Tire Iron
    - An Umbrella
    - A Cane
    - A rock
    - A brick
    - A pipe
    - A Flashlight (best if it has a striking bezel)
    - A sock full of spare change or a billiard ball
    - A folded magazine/car rug
    - A billiard cue
    - A glass bottle
    - A frying pan
    - A tow chain

But most importantly, the deadliest make shift weapons are your hands, your knuckles, your feet, your arms, your elbows, your knees, your legs, your head and your teeth. If you learn how to use your body for self-defense (Krav Maga, Karate, Boxing, etc.) you can inflict a lot of damage to an attacker (of course, unless he is armed with a handgun or a knife).
    Anything can be used as a weapon of some sort. If you throw a box of kleenx at someone they will more than likely blink. That gives you just a little time to make a move.
    I think the willingness to do harm to someone in order to protect yourself is one of the best weapons we can have.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Some years ago I saw an article stating that the average room had 246 potential weapons in it.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Army E-tool has a thousand and one uses ..lol Weapon, toilet and o yea a shovel
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Some years ago I saw an article stating that the average room had 246 potential weapons in it.
    Even an empty room has at least 5. Four walls and a floor.

Just about anything can be a weapon. I watched an attack at a company I worked at, in a data center, and in it the assailant pulled a knife and started advancing. The defender ran, knocking things over behind him, creating obstacles for the pursuer. Worked rather well.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Even an empty room has at least 5. Four walls and a floor.
    dont forget the door...a good multiple crushing blows behind a door can change an attitude in a hurry...

books....an office stapler is heavy and long when opened...chairs can be kicked into someones legs and then used to pull them over it and to the ground before beating them to death with a keyboard...

i snapped a badminton racket in half once and left a 3" harry potter scar on another kids head with the sharp end...i was prepared for more but he surrendered rather quickly when the blood started running into his eyes...

anything you can grab has the potential to do harm....ask my mother in laws dog what happens when you bite my hand and the closest object is a blanket on the end of the sofa...the dog still wont approach me and its usually quite aggressive with people...apparently wrapping its head up and striking it a few times was enough for it to understand although it thinks its teeth are an effective weapon its brain needs to think things through a bit...my mother in law hasnt even commented on it to this day but she seems to have found a respect for my reaction time and my disdain for poorly trained dogs...that and i told her that the next time it happens i'll be digging a hole...

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    ...I had something happen at work a few months ago.I walked into the office (i work at a junkyard) carrying a big turbo.A guy was standing just inside the door holding a knife at my bosses neck.The perp turned around at me,and i hit him in the head with the turbo.
    I bet that spun him up...

Sorry...couldn't resist.

I would think anything that could give you an advantage and not be easily broken or taken away from you would work.

I personally like pens. Look harmless to those who dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I forget which movie, I think it was a Bourne movie, he was in a hand to hand fight and grabbed a rolled up magazine and used it for a few strikes. I was like "wait... wut?" Use what you can, I guess :)
    Yeah I think it was the 2nd one, The Bourne Supremacy, I just watched it the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Army E-tool has a thousand and one uses ..lol Weapon, toilet and o yea a shovel

LOL. A pair of them makes a two cheek toilet seat. You just have to have a good buddy to borrow the second one from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links