Question on advice

This is a discussion on Question on advice within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 Judging by the picture, it doesn't appear that the blade locks? No thanks;That alone is a deal breaker IMHO.....Really though... How ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Judging by the picture, it doesn't appear that the blade locks? No thanks;That alone is a deal breaker IMHO.....Really though... How many people ACTUALLY shave THEMSELVES with these things, furthermore, you'd have to have scruff, or a beard at all times...
    in NYC, from how i understand, it you cant have locking blades legaly except for First responder rolls.

Maybe one of those electric carving knives, with a backpack generator.

Please forgive me.
    lol

no honestly more curious then actully thinking i would use one, getting that close when there are plenty of bludgens in my apartment seams foolhardy

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    it looks cool and it can cut someone but most likely the person using it is the one whos gonna get cut unless hes the bad guy and has it against someones neck on the drop....its not a useful defense weapon....

a failing blade lock can be a disaster...a non locking blade is asking for trouble...a sharp blade is a sharp blade...one you cant control is a poor choice....

but again..they look cool...

If you're going to mess with it here is a tip to keep from cutting yourself up. The thumb on the tang, keeps it from closing on your hand, then slash left or right with the thumb leading.
    Attached Images
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Get a good knife with a Wharncliff blade and put a good edge on it. It will do similar damage while providing a handle that's easier to hold onto and a blade that locks in place. I like the Blackhawk Be-Wharned.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Sponsor
    I learned to shave with a "Double Duck Straight". One of these and a bar of Fels Naptha= best shave you've ever had!
    I carried a cheap straight razor when I was young and dumb. I thought I was circumventing the law. A razor isn't a knife, right? FAIL Most states have laws specifically restricting the carry of razors and those that don't probably have laws with a enough leeway open to the prosecution to include any edged device. Like someone else said, it's going to hard to prove you were just going for a shave when on walkabout!

G'Day!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Great way to end up getting arrested. They have no legitimate "street: use. Many state and local laws restrict any type of razor.- George

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could get in trouble carrying a straight razor under the same statutes that make box cutters and the like illegal. I'm no lawyer, but I wouldn't chance it, especially in NYC. I doubt there are many cops anywhere that wouldn't do a double take on finding one of those on someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links