CRKT Elishewitz Horus

This is a discussion on CRKT Elishewitz Horus within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I saw that this model is being discontinued, I had to jump off the fence and get my first Elishewitz. It's a 3.25" blade, ...

Thread: CRKT Elishewitz Horus

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar

CRKT Elishewitz Horus

When I saw that this model is being discontinued, I had to jump off the fence and get my first Elishewitz. It's a 3.25" blade, and 7.125" opened. Weight is 4.6 oz.

The handle is a combination of some kind of bowling-ball polymer and zytel. The Elishewitz logo is on the gold blade insert.

The blade is a bit complicated, but very stout and razor sharp. It's my first combination plain/serrated knife.

Here you can see the liner lock holding the blade. On the back, near the pivot is a solid thumb-lock you can deploy as a secondary locking mechanism for security. For those leery of liner-locks, this partly overcomes the objection.

Impressions: This is also my first CRTK knife with their Outburst assisted opening mechanism, which I wanted to try. Wow. Give the robust thumb stud a nudge and it fires open fast with a solid "chock!" and locks like a vault. This one meets my standards for quality.

Balance is excellent. The clip is nice - not too tight or loose, and well made. It carries the knife in the point-down orientation and not reversible. No knife is perfect, and the lack of clip arrangement options is a minus here, as is the complexity of the modified-tanto grind.

If you're a knife junkie like me, consider adding one of these to your collection while they're still available. Shop smart and you can find them under $40. It's a cool-looking knife with a superb assisted open that makes an easy EDC. My Ti-Lite 4" now has some competition when I'm selecting a companion to take on outings.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    I've been eyballin' the plain edge Elishewitz Anubis for a while now. I have a couple CRKTs and love the aesthetics of the Elishewitz series. I'm not a fan of tanto or combo edges for use but they sure look nice!

Enjoy!!!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Links