Whats so great about expensive knives? - Page 7

Whats so great about expensive knives?

This is a discussion on Whats so great about expensive knives? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CRKT Crawford Falcon is my go to abuse the heck out of it blade, sharpened so often the serrations are almost gone. I also ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Whats so great about expensive knives?

My CRKT Crawford Falcon is my go to abuse the heck out of it blade, sharpened so often the serrations are almost gone. I also carry a Benchmade Tanto (HK) (discontinued) that rarely is used, but the heft, balance and edge are truly inspiring. I also love the Axis lock. The last I carry is a CLB Boker that is small and light and has never been deployed.

So I use a $40 blade everyday, and leave the others for more special occasions, what ever they might be. The CRKT has provided a longer service life than expected, and when I lost a clip screw CRKT sent me a new clip and screws pronto.

Had a S&W Swat upgraded to a Kershaw 1670 very nice knife $60.00 at a gun show. I know that might seem cheep to some but on my income (retired) its a lot. Very sharp and assisted opening which is nice, plus Made in USA!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Sorry I missed these two
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    ^ Nice. That's a beauty. I'm even happier, as a fellow knife-nut, that it's been put to good (all kinds!) of use.
    Thank you. On another forum it was said that it is to nice to be an EDC. A concept I am unable grasp part of its beauty is how well it does its job and the joy it gives you when you use it. I do not understand it but I have found that using quality tools inspires quality work

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Lovely post, and quite a complement coming from you, sir!
    Thank you, I am a bit picky critical but when something like this comes along it kind of explains why. There is some great quality products out there. I think that is especially true of American craftsman. Mike Igo is a perfect example of a guy doing the best he can and selling his product at a fair price. Fortunately for us Mike's efforts produce excellent results. Knife making is a skill I have long admired and forging Damascus borders on magic. He does and extraordinary job of both. If you ever want to do something really nice for yourself you definitely will not regret getting one of his knives. Or if you are truly a fortunate man as I am and you married the perfect woman she may get you one.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links