Dummy proof Sharpener that produces results

This is a discussion on Dummy proof Sharpener that produces results within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is a bit pricey, same reason I procrastinated buying mine. They have a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dummy proof Sharpener that produces results

It is a bit pricey, same reason I procrastinated buying mine. They have a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product, and figured what did I have to lose. If I did not like it I could send it back You can do like I did try the others first than get it. Which of course can double or triple the cost not to mention the frustration your experiencing. IMO it generally pays to invest in quality and make it the last sharpener you will ever have to buy. For what its worth I have no doubt that you will not regret spending the money once you have used it.

At the risk of appearing like a shill bladeforums has some great info on knives and sharpeners, here are a couple of links to Edgepro reviews
    EdgePro Apex = OMG
    with more pics at
    Page 8
    I have some knives to sharpen this week if you like I can try to post some pics for you
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

I tried the Sharpmaker and hated it!

The only good thing was it drove me to the frustration of learning how to properly use a stone.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I have the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker. It is an excellent sharpener, no doubt. I hate having to clean the microscopic metal shavings out of the sticks when it starts to lose it's sharpening capability.

I have been thinking of getting one of the Chef's Choice as I do have a lot of kitchen knives. I've always steered clear of electric sharpeners in the past but I have read a lot of good reviews on the Chef's Choice, and I tend to consider knife sharpening as tedious and easy to screw up.

Glad to see a couple people here recommend it.

Lately I've been using a small pocket sharpener from Smith's Sharpeners (Pocket Pal) which I keep in my BOB. It has a carbide hone, a ceramic hone and a tapered diamond coated rod for serrated edges and other odd shaped tools. I have really been pretty impressed with it. I've used it on a couple Benchmade EDC knives and a couple of my kitchen knives. Quick and easy!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links