Michael Janich Custom Ground Endura

This is a discussion on Michael Janich Custom Ground Endura within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you familiar with "The Best Defense" television program on The Outdoor Channel or those that are regular readers of SWAT or Black ...

Thread: Michael Janich Custom Ground Endura

For those of you familiar with "The Best Defense" television program on The Outdoor Channel or those that are regular readers of SWAT or Black Belt Magazine you'll know the name Michael Janich. One of his favorite knives for EDC is the Spyderco Endura. Unfortunately the blade length of the Endura makes it illegal in some jurisdictions so Michael decided to customize one of his Enduras to make it legal in most places he travels in the U.S.

Thinking this customized Endura might be of interest to others he started customizing a small number of knives for others that might be interested in an Endura with this modification. I was fortune enough to get one of them. Here is a picture.

Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

I like it.How can I get one?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Nice job, whats the price tag on it?
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

I don't know how many more of these will be customizing but as they are completed they will be added to the Stay Safe Media website ($119.95):

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product...20-%20MODIFIED
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Nice! Spyderco makes some damn good knives. I prefer the all stainless as they come out of the pocket faster for me.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

HKR
    Nevermind, the link answered my questions.

I like it.

I don't see the point of this knife. If size was an issue, couldn't he have just bought a Delica, or another knife that was suited to his needs? I don't see a cool new knife, I see a cool new marketing ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by William Hill View Post
    I don't see the point of this knife. If size was an issue, couldn't he have just bought a Delica, or another knife that was suited to his needs? I don't see a cool new knife, I see a cool new marketing ploy.
    Yea, I really, really think Michael Janich is counting on making his fortunate by selling these customized Endura's. Give me a break.

For my small hands the Delica is a good fit but for many individuals with larger hands the Endura is a better fit. That being said the Endura handle in a shorter blade length works for those that travel in states where the longer standard Endura blade could be an issue.

Could someone just buy another knife that had a similar combination of handle size and blade length? Yea, If they want to take the time to look for one I guess they could. Then again if you have an Endura and like the feel but want something similar with a shorter blade you now have this option.

I would add that, knowing Mike and the care he puts into everything he does, the workmanship is going to be first rate and the workman is worthy of his hire.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Then there is the drone issue. As Mr. Janich is a blade-based martial arts instructor, he takes the fact that you need a working drone for training quite seriously. You can find a ga-zillion 3.5" blade or so folding knives, but you won't be able to kind reasonably priced production drones for them except for maybe three or four models.

HKR
    Quote Originally Posted by William Hill View Post
    I see a design modification on an already great knife by someone with a lot of force on force training who understands that while sometimes blade length may be limited by law, the more handle you have the better grip you can get on it.

Links